Rohit Verma is the dean of external relations for the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, Singapore Tourism Board Distinguished Professor in Asian Hospitality Management at the School of Hotel Administration (SHA), and Professor in Operations, Technology and Information Management area.
Verma has published over 75 articles in prestigious academic journals and has also written numerous reports for the industry audience. He regularly presents his research, participates in invited panel discussions, and delivers keynote addresses at major industry and academic conferences around the world. He is co-author of the Operations and Supply Chain Management for the 21st Century textbook, and co-editor of Cornell School of Hotel Administration on Hospitality: Cutting Edge Thinking and Practice, a professional reference book that includes works of several of his colleagues at Cornell.
Verma has received several research and teaching awards, including "Lifetime Achievement Award" from Production and Operations Management Society''s College of Service Operations; several "Industry Relevance" awards from Cornell Center for Hospitality Research; "Masters'' Core Class Teaching Award" from Cornell School of Hotel Administration; "Skinner Award For Early Career Research Accomplishments" from Production and Operations Management Society; "Spirit of Inquiry Award", the highest honor for scholarly activities within DePaul University; and Professional Service Award from the David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah. His research articles have received "Jack Meredith Best Paper Award" from Journal of Operations Management and "The Most Influential Service Operations Paper Award" from Production and Operations Management journal.
- Dixon, Michael; Victorino, Liana; Kwortnik, Robert; Verma, Rohit. "Surprise, Anticipation, and Sequence Effects in the Design of Experiential Services" Production and Operations Management. 26.5 (2017): 945–960
- McColl-Kennedy, J.; Danaher, T.; Gallan, A.; Orsingher, C.; Lervik-Olsen, L.; Verma, Rohit. "How Do You Feel Today? Managing Patient Emotions During Health Care Experiences to Enhance Well-being" Journal of Business Research. 79 (2017): 247-259
- Choi, Sunmee; Kim, Shinyoung; Verma, Rohit. "Providing Feedback to Service Customers: The Effect of the Presentation Order and Repetition of Feedback Types" Journal of Service Management. 28.2 (2017): 389 - 416
- Xie, X.; Anderson, Christopher; Verma, Rohit. "Customer Preferences and Opaque Intermediaries" Cornell Hospitality Quarterly. 58.4 (2017): 342-353
- Brandon-Jones, Alistair; Lewis, Michael; Verma, Rohit; Walsman, Matthew. "Examining the characteristics and managerial challenges of professional services: An empirical study of management consultancy in the travel, tourism and hospitality sector" Journal of Operations Management. 42-43 (2016): 9-24
- Dixon, Michael; Verma, Rohit. "Sequence Effects in Service Bundles: Implications for Service Design and Scheduling" Journal of Operations Management. 31.3 (2013): 138-152
- Victorino, Liana; Verma, Rohit; Bonner, Bryan; Wardell, Don. "Can Customers Detect Script Usage in the Service Encounter? A Video Experimental Analysis: An Experimental Video Analysis" Journal of Service Research. 15.4 (2012)
- Victorino, Liana; Verma, Rohit; Wardell, Don. "Script usage in customized and standardized service encounters: Implications for perceived service quality" Production and Operations Management. 22.3 (2013): 518-534
- Enz, Cathy; Verma, Rohit. "Introduction to the Cornell Hospitality Research Summit Special Issue: The New Science of Service Innovation in a Multipartner World" Service Science (Hanover). 8.2 (2016): iv-ix
Awards and Honors
- Lifetime Achievement Award (2018) Production and Operations Management Society, College of Service Operations
- CHR Industry Relevance Award (2018) Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, School of Hotel Administration
- Most Influential Service Operations Paper Award (2015) Production and Operations Management Society
- Jack Meredith Best Paper Award (2014) Journal of Operations Management
- Teaching Excellence Award – MMH core (2011) School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
- HADM 6990 - Graduate Special Studies Project I
- HADM 3055/DEA 3055/HADM 6055/DEA 6055 - Hospitality, Health and Design Industry Immersion Seminar
- HADM 9900 - Ph.D. Thesis Research
- PhD University of Utah, 1995
- MS University of Utah, 1991
- Btech Indian Institute of Technology, 1989