Who should attend
- Nursing home and long-term care administrators
- Registered nurses, nurse practitioners, nursing assistants, and dieticians
- Physical therapists
- Facilities managers
- Hospitality professionals transitioning to a career in senior living
- People interested in a career in senior living
- Facilities developers and planners
About the course
What is process thinking and how can it help you improve your senior living facility?
In this course, you'll explore the concept of process thinking and access several reusable tools to help you evaluate, develop, and improve processes for an organization. You'll examine how to spot what's wrong in a process and explore solutions to fix those problems. You will also monitor how long a process takes at your own organization and reflect on the results of your observations. You'll examine a process flow at your organization and explore ideas for how to improve the process. You’ll participate in a hands-on activity to examine how to improve the wait time of a process at your organization. Finally, you’ll write a plan for how process flow can help improve decision-making at your organization.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Use Excel to examine the process flow at your organization
- Explore how making a process step visible might improve your process flow
- Create an action plan to improve decision-making at your organization
Rohit Verma is the dean of external relations for the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, Singapore Tourism Board Distinguished Professor in Asian Hospitality Management at the School of Hotel Administration (SHA), and Professor in Operations, Technology and Information Management area. Verm...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.