Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
About the course
A smartly designed, well-executed strategic plan is indispensable not only to an organization’s long-term success, but to its very survival. Today’s healthcare leaders need to lead their organizations and be able to strategically drive initiatives that interact with multiple affiliated entities. Whether you are a senior leader looking to refine your strategic skills or an early to mid-level healthcare professional aspiring to a strategic position, leading strategic initiatives will be key your growth and success as a leader.
The Strategic Healthcare Leadership Certificate provides you with the critical skills you need to lead strategic initiatives in your organization to success through a series of six courses. Ultimately, leaders will increase their effectiveness in leading healthcare organizations through improved knowledge, skills, and practice implementing strategic plans.
- Identifying and Aligning Products, Services, and Strategies Throughout a Healthcare Organization
- How to Build A Strategic Plan for your Healthcare Organization
- Aligning Performance Measures with Business Strategy
- Strategic Decision Making
- Leading Organizational Change
- Navigating Power Relationships
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Recognize and compensate for psychological factors in yourself and in others that affect decision quality
- Establish responsibilities and accountabilities to ensure effective follow-through on decisions made
- Find ways to develop an effective agenda for change
- Identify strategies for dealing with inertia and resistance
- Evaluate initiatives for their applicability in reaching targets
- Create a strategic vision for your organization
- Identify areas for improvement and potential growth
- Develop a strategic plan that includes a set of strategic goals and an action plan for each goal
- Monitor progress and refine the strategic plan based on results
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Strategic Healthcare Leadership Certificate from Cornell College of Human Ecology and Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- 48 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- 18 Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward PMI recertification
Who should attend
- Early to mid-level healthcare professionals looking to move into a strategy position
- Hospital and healthcare facility administrators
- Department directors
- Senior level healthcare professionals
- VP level and C-suite executives
- Hospital board members
Trust the experts
Robert Bloomfield is a Professor of Accounting and Academic Director of eLearning at the Johnson Graduate School of Management. Professor Bloomfield has used laboratory experiments to study financial markets and investor behavior, and has also published in all major business disciplines, includin...
Biography Professor Glen Dowell is an associate professor of management and organizations at the Johnson Graduate School of Management. He researches in the area of corporate sustainability, with a focus on firm environmental performance. Recent projects have investigated the effect of local dem...
Overview Samuel Bacharach is the McKelvey-Grant Professor of Labor Management and the Director of the Smithers Institute. He received his BS in economics from NYU. His MS and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin. Upon joining the Cornell faculty in 1974, he spent most of his time working on n...
Experience eCornell: Online Education From Cornell University