Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
About the course
An executive leader’s credibility, authority and ability to keep a team focused and motivated are under constant scrutiny. And rightfully so—it’s the leader’s job to communicate strategy, negotiate skillfully, influence team behaviors, and deliver results.
This executive leadership certificate will help you learn how to build high-performing teams and become a more authentic leader. In an executive role, it’s crucial that you have the right blend of soft skills and a strategic mindset to achieve specific performance outcomes at your organization.
The Executive Leadership Certificate Program provides you with the critical skills to lead your organization to success through a series of six core courses and two electives that give you the flexibility to customize the program to your goals.
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Devise employee-related practices that improve your organization and thereby enhance service outcomes to customers
- Implement healthy team behaviors and functions
- Respond decisively and consistently when faced with situations that require a decision
- Detect and address impediments to your credibility with subordinates, superiors, and others with whom you interact professionally
- Evaluate factors that undermine employee motivation and engagement in your organization
- Explore critical decisions such as when to negotiate, when not to negotiate, whether you should make the opening move in a negotiation, and how many issues you want to put on the table
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Executive Leadership Certificate from Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- 64 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- 48 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification
- 75 Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward PMI recertification
Who should attend
- High potential mid-level managers with 5+ years experience
- Upper-level or senior managers with 5+ years experience
- VP or C-level executives
Trust the experts
Robert Bloomfield is a Professor of Accounting and Academic Director of eLearning at the Johnson Graduate School of Management. Professor Bloomfield has used laboratory experiments to study financial markets and investor behavior, and has also published in all major business disciplines, includin...
Biography Professor Glen Dowell is an associate professor of management and organizations at the Johnson Graduate School of Management. He researches in the area of corporate sustainability, with a focus on firm environmental performance. Recent projects have investigated the effect of local dem...
Biography Risa Mish is professor of practice of management at the Johnson Graduate School of Management. She designed and teaches the MBA Core course in Critical and Strategic Thinking, in addition to teaching courses in leadership and serving as faculty co-director of the Johnson Leadership Fel...
Overview Samuel Bacharach is the McKelvey-Grant Professor of Labor Management and the Director of the Smithers Institute. He received his BS in economics from NYU. His MS and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin. Upon joining the Cornell faculty in 1974, he spent most of his time working on n...
Biography Cathy A. Enz is the Lewis G. Schaeneman Jr. Professor of Innovation and Dynamic Management and a professor in strategy. She currently serves as the associate dean for academic affairs in the School of Hotel Administration. Her prior administrative roles included serving as associate de...
Biography Professor Tony Simons teaches organizational behavior, negotiation and leadership at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. His research examines trust–employee trust in leaders, executive team member trust, and trust in supply chain relationships. Simons''s research has focused o...
Biography Rohit Verma is the dean of external relations for the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, Singapore Tourism Board Distinguished Professor in Asian Hospitality Management at the School of Hotel Administration (SHA), and Professor in Operations, Technology and Information Management ...
Biography Dr. Kate Walsh was named the seventh dean and E.M. Statler Professor of the School of Hotel Administration on June 16, 2017. She served as interim dean and E.M. Statler Professor for one year beginning July 1, 2016, the first day of operations for the Cornell SC Johnson College of Busi...
Experience eCornell: Online Education From Cornell University