Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
New Supervisors promoted, Supervisors, Leader and who have employees reporting to them.
About the course
In today's demanding work environment, learning by trial and error is neither acceptable nor affordable. Supervisors and managers must try to avoid any pitfalls before they occur. This workshop focuses on handing the situations and problems that are unique and/or crucial to the early success of managers and supervisors, such as: (1) Making the right first impressions (2) Establishing your authority (3) Planning and Monitoring(4) Evaluating and improving results quickly at work (5) Making changes and (7) Leadership.
Participants will be encouraged to problem solve and role-play, as well as bring for discussion any related problems and concerns.
The supervisor's job is one of the hardest to master. Positioned between the demands of management and the workers the supervisor must juggle the various priorities. Effective Supervisory skills training make that juggling easier and more effective. In turn, the supervisor has time to manage the job and be proactive instead of reactive.
Certainly, workplace changes and the challenges to Supervisor are greater now that even before. Today’s successful supervisor is more likely to be a leader who stresses teamwork and cooperative achievement.
To attain the status ‘ World-Class’ organization, the organization must ensure that it recruits caliber supervisors through rigorous education, training and development program, the supervisors must be able to elevate total organizational effectiveness.
This program is designed in two stages to provide you the new tools, advance skills and knowledge for Supervisor, which can be applied immediately at workplace.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define the scope, nature and responsibility of the supervision role and the challenges this role places on them.
- Effectively communicate verbally and non-verbally with others using the techniques learned.
- Energize and inspire their team for a better performance based on superior requirement and organization.
- Use different skills in supervisor in management skills using the six management tools.
- Effectively supervise their staff by applying key principles of leadership and style in managing them achieve results
- Apply their role as motivators in daily to daily supervising employees to perform beyond expectation.
- Practice professional techniques in providing positive discipline at work place.
- Learn the value of delegation and prioritizing so they can be more effective and efficient in their work
- Introduction and expectation outline
- Being a Supervisor Today
- Myths about supervision
- Supervisors Key Tasks and Roles
- Essential skills for Supervisors
- Superiors expectation and performance
- Responsibilities and challenges
- Problems Supervisors encounter
- Competencies of the 21st Century Supervisor
- Exercises and case study – Application at workplace
- Supervision in Management skills
- 6 Tools in Management tools
- Analysis to rank yourself the level
- Exercises - worksheets
- Fundamental of Planning
- Basic steps involved in Planning
- Types of Plans
- Standing Plans
- Single Use Plans
- PDCA Skills
- The Movie - PDCA
- Skill Building – Exercise – Test your Planning Skills
- Supervisory Leadership
- Leadership & the Qualities required to lead people
- Different Leadership roles
- “New Approaches to Leadership” – Geese, Eagle and Turkey style
- Your preferred personal Leadership style – An Assessment
- Leadership style – Which is Appropriate?
- Exercise – Assessing the various Leadership Model
- Case Study – Analysis of the Leadership style on the Situation
- Effective Motivator at workplace
- Different workable motivational theories
- Motivation and STAR Performer
- SMARTer Goal setting to achieve desire and make a different
- Exercise – Practical worksheet and template
- Monitoring and Evaluation framework
- Purpose and definition
- Result based management
- Planning for monitoring and evaluation
- Monitoring process (“How to..”)
- Evaluation process (“How to..”)
- Using the monitoring and evaluation evidences
- Hierarchy of objectives
- Performance measurement
- Importance of setting objectives
- Empowering people through Effective Delegation
- Art of Effective Delegation
- Four “Rights” of Delegation
- When, Whom, How to delegate
- Coaching for Higher Performance
- Coaching functions
- Coaching Skills
- Conducting a Coaching Meeting – Role Play
- 10 Steps to result based at work place
- Exercise and Application for each Step
- Summary and Evaluation
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.