Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for all laboratory managers, supervisors, team leaders, senior chemists and scientists and prospective managers who need to develop competencies, skills, abilities and/or accountability necessary to successful.
About the course
Supervisory leadership (LAMP) is one of the most significant factors in influencing an employee's success and satisfaction on the job. This Specialized Studies Program is designed to enhance your supervisory competencies and improve your capacity to effectively manage and lead others. You will also gain techniques for developing your staff to achieve maximum performance and organizational effectiveness. Today, laboratory personnel like other professionals, must develop and acquire the leadership skills.
The good and advance laboratory management can motivate dispirited teams of chemists and technicians to accomplish high quality work. It is very important to the lab supervisors and managers to learn how to create the success in their lab. The course is designed to provide an introduction and practical application of quality management in the laboratory according to ISO 17025 certified. It is designed also to understand concepts of personnel specification, job descriptions, how to apply quality standards, how to do health and safety risk assessments, how to develop the technical, and methods in the lab and how to evaluate the lab results. The aim of this course is to enrich and update the knowledge and skills of the participants for understanding the qualified management system in the laboratory.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Establish a systematic process for planning work and setting expectations, monitoring performance, developing a capacity for performance and rating and rewarding good performance
- Apply active listening skills: paraphrasing, empathizing, questioning
- Influence individuals over whom one has no immediate reporting relationship
- Develop a team culture of trust, openness, and collaboration
- Provide effective feedback to employees, recognize superior performance and confront inadequate performance
- Coach and mentor others by recognizing and developing a personal coaching style
- Developing techniques for problem-solving and continues improvements
- Exercise key practices and skills for improved
- Elements of Supervision and Assessment
- Management Responsibilities in an Organization
- Performance Management: Leading for Greater Results
- Leading Successful Organizational Change
- Effective Listening and Conflict Management
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Communication in the Business Environment
- Coaching for Superior Performance
- Overcoming technical issues and laboratory problems
- Building Blocks for Successful Technical Writing Reports
- Non-technologists working in a technology industry
- Professionals holding management positions in a technology environment
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.