This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The Introduction to Supervision and Team Leadership training course will give you everything you need to know to successfully manage teams and meet your own objectives by improving your team's performance.
The course focuses on management from a supervisory perspective, with a focus on the skills we've found people think are most valuable, like dealing decisively with difficult situations and managing delegation.
You will learn how to motivate and develop your team to continuously improve performance whilst growing your own skills in dealing with difficult situations decisively. An awareness of current theory and practice combined with practical exercises during the course will give you confidence in your management style. You'll leave equipped with the skills to tackle the team leader role head on.
THE MODERN SUPERVISOR
- The skills of an effective team leader
- Understand the supervisor’s position within the organisation
- The responsibility and authority of a supervisor
- Five key areas of team supervision: lead; communicate; organise; plan; control
EFFECTIVE TEAM LEADERSHIP
- Meet the expectations of your team
- Leadership style and roles
- Learn the GRIPS model of team leadership
- Set SMART goals and objectives
- Appreciate the three key components of goal setting: task, team and individual
DEVELOP YOUR MANAGEMENT STYLE
- Learn different management styles for different situations
- Pinpoint your own management style and evaluate for effectiveness
- Time management - time bandits and prioritisation
- Delegation: structure, pros and cons, do's and don'ts
MOTIVATING AND DEVELOPING OTHERS
- Giving feedback, conduct and capability issues
- Setting performance standards
- Practical exercises
- Difficult situations: assertive responses
- Team roles
- Theories of motivation
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is designed for newly appointed supervisors and team leaders. It is ideal for anyone new to managing other people who wants to establish themselves in the role with confidence, credibility and an awareness of their management style.