Key Managerial Skills for New Managers and Supervisors
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
This course will coach delegates on how to successfully achieve personal goals as well as lead a motivated and highly competent team. You will learn how to effectively integrate excellent planning and organisational skills with core management skills including communication, motivation, delegation and coaching. You will leave with a comprehensive set of management tools you can implement directly into your daily working environment
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Discover their role as new managers or supervisors.
- Apply different leadership styles to successfully lead and motivate their employees.
- Empower employees through delegation.
- Build and manage winning teams.
- Know the Dos and Don’ts of managing meetings.
- Manage self, time, and stress in a restless work environment.
- Apply new tools and techniques to improve decision-making and problem-solving.
Responsibilities as New Managers
- Managing for Competitive Advantage
- Roles and Responsibilities
- The Four Functions and Ten Roles of Management
- Skills Needed at Different Management Levels
- Common Mistakes Made by New Managers and Supervisors
Teams and Leadership
- What Makes a Team?
- Stages of Team Formation
- Teams Dynamics and Team Building
- Situational Leadership and Its Application to Team Leadership
- Current Trends and Issues
Mastering The Art of Motivation
- What is Motivation?
- Myths about Motivation
- The Main Theories
- Current Trends and Issues
- Implications for Managers
- What is Delegation and Why to Delegate?
- Root Causes of Poor Delegation
- Learning the Steps to Effective Delegation
- Empowering and Motivating Employees through Delegation
- Learn the Steps to Effective Delegation
- The Dos and Don’ts of Delegation
- The Dos and Don’ts of Managing Meetings
- Agendas and Minutes of Meetings
- Deal with Time Wasters in Meetings
Stress and Time Management
- Stress and Time Management Techniques
- Identify and Manage Your Time Wasters
- Use the Priority Matrix and To Do Lists
- Causes and Symptoms of Stress
- Techniques and Approaches to Managing Stress
Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
- Tools and Techniques
- The Traditional Approach to Problem-Solving
- The Helicopter View
- The Ishikawa Fishbone Technique
- The How-How Technique
- The Dos and Don’ts of Brainstorming Techniques
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
New managers or supervisors, prospective managers or supervisors, and managers or supervisors with some experience but with no formal training