Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
The course is designed for First level supervisors and those with leadership and managerial potential and capabilities
About the course
This training is designed for all those who have the potential and capabilities of developing into Supervisor’s, Team leader’s and new manager’s. Whatever their job title, if they are in charge of others then they will be helped greatly by this training.
In this training you will learn to:
- Be effectively and professionally equipped for the major transition from the workforce to a team / leadership role
- Understand and practice key supervisory / management skills
- Learn how to motivate and harness your staff potential and abilities
- Develop objective setting, performance supervision and team communication
- Enhance your personal empowerment for successful corporate leadership
By the end of this course participants will learn how to: * Know what real supervision is, and be able to explain to others what it is, and what it means * Understand and practice basic supervisory skills * Define the difference between the supervisory and the operational roles * Explain how to set and monitor Course Outcomes * Explain what motivates you and describe ways to motivate others effectively * Manage performance for results * Use different techniques to communicate effectively with your team * Use an appropriate strategy for delegating to others * Motivate and support others in the achievement of targets * Demonstrate effective questioning skills * How to communicate effectively * How to empower yourself and the Staff who work with you * Describe your own sources of power and influence and know how to use and develop your influence to get support and help you to be an effective supervisor
What Is A Supervisor?
- Should you be a supervisor?
- Making the transition
- The difference between doing and supervising
- Highs and lows of the supervisory role
- What are the skills of an effective supervisor?
- Developing the skills
- Different ways to supervise others
- Supervisory styles
- Common mistakes you don't want to make
Managing Performance (Getting Results)
- Characteristics of Performance Management
- Business Plan basics
- Assessing your current situation
- You and the business plan
- Getting productivity through people
- The importance of strategic Goal Setting
- Develop the 5 Success essentials
- Getting and managing results
- How to develop proactive management
- Benefits and barriers to delegation
- How, when and to whom to delegate
- Getting it done right and instructing others
Managing Performance (Problems and People)
- What motivates me?
- What motivates others?
- What does Motivation do?
- Motivation creates energy
- The 3 Major steps of motivation
- Motivation in the workplace
- Herzbergs Motivational Theory
- Tailoring motivation ideas to individual team members
- How to manage conflict
- Working with different types of personalities
- What to do when a problem arises
- Listening and questioning skills
- What is Communication?
- Three major levels of Communication
- The significance of Non-Verbal Communication
- Factors that affect your Communication
- Communication Chart
- Effective ways to Communicate
- Brain Communication impact
- Communication cycle
- Delivering clear, concise messages
- How to make an effective presentation
- 9 Effective Communication principles
- Positive Visual imaging
- Good Bad relationships
- Planning a Team meeting
- How to be a decisive Decision maker
- Improving your ability to make decisions
- Verbal communication
- Barriers to communication
- Team communications
- Running a team meeting
- Choosing the right words
- Communicating in writing
Building Powerful Influence
- What is personal empowerment?
- Sources of personal power
- Developing your Mind, Attitude, Appreciation and Character influence
- Mind Think power
- Know the impact of Teleological Thinking
- Replacement Principle
- Building your personal power
- Using your personal power
- Building trust and believability: walking your talk
- 10 Essential Qualities of a Top Supervisor
- Planning for your future and developing yourself
- How to stay Motivated
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.