Who should attend
Anyone involved with telephone-based relationships who wants to organize and enhance their skills in the shortest possible time. Although the course has been designed for salespeople, the skills learned can equally be applied to areas such as customer service or support, where sales opportunities arise during the normal run of work.
About the course
Telephone sales training is essential for any business looking to sell over the telephone in today's business environment. Telesales is one of the fastest growing sales techniques in the world today and thousands of products/services are sold over the phone every day. Telesales is fast, cost effective and fits perfectly with the pace of modern businesses
If you want to improve your sales performance you can get the skills you need by attending one of our range of sales and customer care training courses. All of our sales courses will help you win more business, get ahead of your targets and impress your customers and your boss! Whether you take sales calls or proactively call new business, this intensive course will help you to identify skills and techniques that will enable you to develop a positive approach to selling over the telephone in a professional and effective manner.
## Course Objectives
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Increased sales conversions
- Greater understanding of the different motivations and needs of customers
- Increased motivation and confidence
- Improved preparation and planning
- Better customer relationships
- Learners will gain an understanding of the fundamentals involved in successful telephone sales and the techniques needed to maximise success when selling over the phone
## Course Outline
- Getting into the right frame of mind
- What did you say?
- The Art of listening and analyzing verbal communication
- Building rapport
- Different questioning techniques
- Improve your ability to cross-sell and up-sell
- How to ask for the business
- How to project a professional image
- Making contact with clients
- Planning and preparation
- Opening remarks
- Using AIDA
- Overcoming objections
- Closing the sale and recognizing buying signals
- Practice making the calls
- Doing the right call research
- Establishing the right call objectives
- Understanding personal communication styles – so that you can speak your customer’s language
- Formulate a winning script that works
- Get past the gatekeeper and talk to the decision maker
- Active listening for buying signals – what to listen for
- Qualifying the real decision maker
- Understand what your prospects really value: features, advantages and benefits
- Effectively overcome objections
- Introduce price effectively
- Types of closing questions
- Creating Urgency
- What is telephone selling all about?
- Understanding the Telesales role
- Communication - the facts
- The importance of tone, pitch and pace
- Structuring your pitch - to script or not to script
- Preparing to call -getting the opening right
- Asking the right questions
- Active listening - takes more energy than speaking!
- Presenting your product/service
- The challenges of selling on the phone
- Gaining customer commitment
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.