Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Sales managers or executives looking to effectively coach a team and build a high-performing sales engine
- Entrepreneurs looking to build a sales team and acquire customers
- Business leaders who would like to be more persuasive and influential
- Business development professionals who play a role in sales and managing relationships
- Professionals making a horizontal career shift into sales from another functional role
About the course
Sales are vital to a business and individuals who can sell – themselves, ideas, products, services, and solutions – are the key to any organization’s success. And success in sales is built on a foundation of knowledge, skill, and discipline.
In this online program you will gain a comprehensive view of the entire sales process – from preparation through contact and on to scaling – by building the necessary sales and management habits that lead to success. Through each module you’ll acquire the tools and techniques needed to improve your own sales skills and learn best practices for recruiting, training, building, and managing high-performing sales teams.
- Learn proven techniques for being an effective salesperson, based on the faculty’s research and experience with some of the world’s most successful B2B and B2C companies
- Put more than 30 different tools into practice, building a personal Sales Toolkit designed to help you at each phase of your sales process: preparation, contact, and scale
- Assess your current knowledge, skill, and discipline as a salesperson and get a roadmap for how to develop meaningful, lasting habits for you and your team
- Learn best practices for recruiting, training, building and managing high-performing teams
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from Kellogg School of Management Executive Education
Module 1 - Enhancing your Selling and Persuasion Skills
The knowledge, skill and discipline of selling
- Explore the foundations of artful selling – knowledge, skill and discipline – and how to combine these to become a high-performing salesperson
- Sales tools used: Knowledge, Skills, Discipline Assessment; Vitamin or Painkiller?; Walk and Talk
Module 2 - Targeting
Engage in stakeholder mapping, creating personas, planning your week, and talking about your competitors
- Learn how to identify and filter your target markets’ specific pain points and create a clear vision of who your customers are
- Develop your competitive talking points
- Sales tools used: Filtering your Target Market; Stakeholder Map; Competitive Talking Points; Weekly Cadence
Module 3 - Lead Generation Tactics
Discover how to build your network, improve cold calls, create effective introductory emails, and apply proactive pursuit
- Learn how to create a sales framework, qualify leads, put together talking points and schedule a cadence
- Develop a stakeholder map, prospecting script, and introductory email
- Sales tools used: Proactive Pursuit; Prospecting Script; Email Blueprint; Sales Conversation
Module 4 - Nurturing Prospects
Explore methods for qualifying prospects, listening and asking questions, and acing the meeting
- Learn the questions that drive great sales conversations and qualify prospects quickly by using 4 different types of questions and 3 levels of listening
- Sales tools used: Personas; Qualifying Questions; Asking the Right Questions; Perfect Sales Meeting; Objections Matrix
Module 5 - Telling the Right Story at the Right Time for the Right Reasons
Understand the power that stories play in persuasion
- Discover the 4 key types of stories
- Learn how to capture and categorize stories
- Develop your own "Story Matrix"
- Sales tools used: Story Matrix; Story Canvas
Module 6 - Presenting Like a Pro
Discover how to engage your audience and win business
- Learn how to utilize your personal presentation strengths
- Employ the “4 Ps” of presentation to make compelling sales pitches
- Sales tools used: Presenting with Panache; Visuals/Placemats
Module 7 - Closing the Deal and Getting Deals Unstuck
Learn how to get a deal unstuck and understand that closing is simply the natural outcome of a sale done well
Sales tools used: Getting a Deal Unstuck; Closing Well; Team Selling for Impact
Module 8 - Going Above and Beyond
Realize the power of delighting clients
- Recognize the importance of the phase that follows a sale
- Utilize the tools required to truly delight your customers over the long term
- Sales tools used: Win/Loss Debrief; Above & Beyond; Client Delight Index
Module 9 - Team Selling, Giving Feedback and Optimizing the Weekly One-on-One
Examine the roles required for high-impact team selling including the critical role that feedback plays in the weekly one-on-one meetings
Sales tools used: Giving (& Receiving) Feedback; Weekly One-on-One
Module 10 - Putting Your Powerful Sales Toolkit into Action
Absorb the key lessons, review learnings, and complete the individual capstone project designed to help you teach these tools to others
Sales tools used: Knowledge, Skill, & Discipline: Current Assessment; Learn. Teach. Do.; My Quarterly Dashboard
Craig Wortmann is a Clinical Professor of Innovation & Entrepreneurship in the Kellogg Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiative (KIEI) and Founder and Executive Director of the Kellogg Sales Institute. In 2016 Craig was Clinical Professor of Entrepreneurship at the University of Chicago's ...
Suzanne Muchin is a Clinical Associate Professor in the Kellogg Architectures of Collaboration Initiative (KACI), where she teaches Selling Yourself and Your Ideas. She is a featured lecturer in new venture and entrepreneurship courses at Kellogg, and a lecturer and mentor for the Zell Fellows Pr...
Andrew holds over 25 years of leadership, organizational performance and business development experience. He has consulted to some of the world's largest companies, including Google, Pinterest, Shell Oil, McDonald's, Nokia, British Aerospace, Unilever, Microsoft, Blue Cross Blue Shield and many o...
Videos and materials
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.