Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Administrators, assistant administrators, executive secretaries, existing or prospective office managers/ senior administrators and supervisors of junior level employees
About the course
This is a practical course designed to increase delegates’ understanding of the professional administrator in organizations. They will examine the different structures that organizations adopt and how these affect the system’s procedures, culture and the people who work in organizations.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the role of the office manager / administrator.
- Acquire time management skills required for better office productivity.
- Handle telephone calls properly and professionally.
- List the main causes of stress and the techniques needed to control them.
- Discover communication strategies needed for carrying out responsibilities in an effective manner.
- Develop a service attitude and mindset aimed at the internal and external customer.
## Course Outline
The Role of the Office Manager/Administrator
- Perception versus Reality
- Competencies Required for Success
- What It Takes to Be a Star at Work
- Identifying Your Role
Effective Communication Skills
- Improving Credibility and Gaining Recognition
- Speaking and Listening
- Being Assertive
- Selling Your Ideas to the Boss, Colleagues, Subordinates and Clients
- Preparing a Professional Presentation
- What Constitutes Professional Business Writing
- Style and Layout
- Obtaining Your Objective with the Reader
Stress Management Techniques
- Causes and Symptoms
- Identifying Your Stressors
- Formulating a Comprehensive Stress Management Plan
- Elements of an Effective Meeting
- Preparing the Agenda
- Taking Minutes
Serving the Internal and External Customer
- Understanding the Needs of Internal and External Customers
- Having the Right Attitude
- Providing Excellent Service
- Handling Complaints
- Identifying and Eliminating Time Wasters
- Setting Goals and Priorities
- Using Measures to Control and Improve Your Effectiveness
- Planning and Managing Time for Self and Others
Using the Telephone Properly
- Professional Telephone Behavior
- Rules for Good Listening
- Dealing with Difficult Callers
- Identifying Common Phone Problems and Formulating Solutions
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.