Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Sales professionals with a minimum of one year of sales experience, veterans who want to refresh their skills and managers who want to learn professional sales training techniques to train salespeople.
About the course
Thousands of salespeople have prospered by attending AMA’s most popular professional sales training seminar.
No matter how great your product or service is, or how talented a salesperson you are, you will not be able to close the deal if you cannot tell your clients how what you’re selling will benefit them. Through this intensive professional sales training seminar, you will learn how to gain your clients business by earning their trust.
Go through the entire sales process and discover the most modern sales methods today—consultative/solutions selling. You’ll leave this professional sales training workshop better equipped to develop presentations that meet your clients real needs…create a specific sales plan to achieve your sales goals…influence the right buyers and close the sale with ease.
How You Will Benefit
- Develop a master plan to manage the sales process
- Win the confidence and trust of prospects by learning as much as possible about their needs
- Successfully sell on a consultative level, using effective interviewing techniques
- Effectively communicate your product/service superiority
- Build long-term sales relationships by offering solutions
- Uncover customer resistance and overcome objections
- Know when—and how—to close the sale
- Productively manage your time and territory
What You Will Cover
- Planning: using competitive analysis to gain more business
- Matching your sales approach to the personality style of your customer
- Becoming a problem solver: supplier-based selling vs. selling a solution
- Developing new business while maintaining existing account
- Managing key-account and key-prospect relationships
- Define Your Own Strengths and Areas to Improve, as Well as Create an Action Plan for Future Development
- Develop Plans and Tools for Operating Your Business More Effectively
- Demonstrate the Skills That Identify You as a True Sales Professional
- Approach Your Customers and Prospects in a Consultative Manner
- Manage Your Time and Capitalize on the Most Productive Opportunities
- Set Your Learning Goals for This Class
- Define “Professionalism”
- Identify the Habits of Productive Salespeople
- Define and Perform a Competitive Analysis
- Complete an Account Profile of One of Your Best Customers
- Identify the Key Contacts in Each of Your Accounts
- Identify the Elements of Good Listening
- Identify the Barriers to Effective Listening, as Well as Techniques of Attentive and Active Listening
- Demonstrate Your Proficiency in Active, Attentive Listening
- Identify Your Own Personal Style
- Identify the Personal Styles of Others
- Identify an Ideal Sales Approach to Match the Personal Style of Your Customer
Becoming a Problem Solver
- Explain the Difference Between Supplier-Based Selling and Customer Problem Solving
- Develop a Plan for Using a Consultative Selling Approach for Your Business
The Sales Process
- Describe the Steps of the Sales Process
- Demonstrate the Skills Associated with Each Element of the Sales Process
- Conduct Effective Sales Calls, from the Initial Greeting to the Final Commitment
- Apply the Skills Associated with Each Element of the Sales Process
- Reinforce Your Understanding of the Sales Process By Critiquing Various Presentations
- Improve Your Professional Selling Skills By Reviewing and Evaluating Your Own Presentation
New Business Development
- Identify and Develop New Business Strategies for Yourself
- Qualify a Business Opportunity to Determine Where Your Time Is Best Spent
- Develop a Prospecting Call Strategy and Script Alternatives
Territory and Account Management
- Differentiate Between Territory Management and Territory Coverage
- Analyze Your Territory and Account Base and Set Goals
- Analyze Key-Account Relationships
- Perform an Account Penetration Analysis
- Develop an Objective Tracking System
- Effectively Prioritize Your Work and Manage Your Time
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.