Managerial Skills for Office Managers & Executive Secretarial Excellence
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Every business and organization requires office administration. This function includes day-to-day activities related to financial planning, billing and record keeping, personnel, physical distribution and logistics. Courses here help your admin staff, your PA staff and your secretarial teams.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the role of the office manager/administrator.
- Implement communication strategies needed for carrying out responsibilities in an effective manner.
- List the main causes of stress and apply the techniques needed to control them.
- Organize meetings effectively.
- Develop a service attitude and mindset aimed at the internal and external customer.
- Apply time management techniques required for better office productivity.
- Handle telephone calls properly and professionally.
The Role of the Office Manager/Administrator
- Perception versus Reality
- Competencies Required for Success
- What it Takes to Be a “Star” at Work
- Identifying Your Role
Effective Communication Skills
- Improving Credibility and Gaining Recognition
- Importance of Having Positive Attitude
- Being Assertive
- Selling your Ideas to the Boss, Colleagues, Subordinates and Clients
- Preparing a Professional Presentation
- What Constitutes Professional Business Writing
- Style and Layout
- Obtaining your Objective with the Reader
- Reader’s Expectations
Serving the Internal and External Customer
- Understanding the Needs of Internal and External Customers
- Removing Services Barriers
- Providing Excellent Service
- Handling Complaints
Stress Management Techniques
- Causes and Symptoms
- Identifying your Stressors
- Formulating a Comprehensive Stress Management Plan
- Identifying and Eliminating Time Wasters
- Setting Goals and Priorities
- Using Measures to Control and Improve your Effectiveness
- Planning and Managing Time for Self and Others
- Preparing Time Logs and Learning from Them
- Elements of an Effective Meeting
- Preparing the Agenda
- Taking Minutes of Meetings
Using the Telephone Properly
- Professional Telephone Behavior
- Rules for Good Listening
- Dealing with Difficult Callers
- Identifying Common Phone Problems and Formulating Solutions
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Administrators, assistants, executive secretaries, existing or prospective office managers/senior administrators and supervisors of junior-level employees.