Who should attend
All staff who use the telephone as a tool to sell products or services directly to external customers, and who need to improve and develop their telephone selling techniques.
About the course
Effective salespeople are fundamental to any organization. In an increasingly competitive market, companies realise they must adopt a proactive approach to increasing sales and retaining their customers. This course is designed for people who represent their company's image by selling their products or services over the telephone, and who want to increase their company's long term business capability.
## Course Objectives
- A clear understanding of the key skills of good telephone etiquette
- Understanding how every individual who uses the telephone represents the company's overall image
- Enhancing your verbal and vocal skills
- Building on the basics - your attitude; your drive; your confidence
- The seven steps of a telesale
- Clearly identifying the telesales process
- Applying the correct sequence to the sale, using verbal skills
- The development and practical application of 'natural' telephone scripts
## Course Outline
- Differentiating Your Organization From The Competition
- Ensuring The 'First Impression' Is 'A Lasting Impression' - For All The Right Reasons
- Attitude, Drive & Confidence
- Verbal & Vocal Skills
- Using Positive Language
- How To Sell Professionally
- Prospecting & Hunting For New Business
- Why Do People Buy?
- Identifying Customer Needs
- Key Questioning Techniques
- Understanding The Telephone Selling Process
- Planning & Preparation
- The Greeting
- Identifying The Customer's Needs
- Meeting The Customer's Needs
- Closing The Sale
- Developing Scripts - Using Variations Of Your Script - Practical Applications
- Objections - Obstacles or Opportunities?
- How To Handle Objections
- Role Plays
- Identifying the most common objections and exploring ways to overcome them
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.