This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Explore topics critical to developing effective management skills such as performance management, motivation, team development, interpersonal and communication skills, supervisory skills training and time management skills—everything you need to manage people effectively.
As a participant, at this program's conclusion you should be able to:
- Recognize your strengths and growth opportunities as a manager.
- Recognize the four behavioral styles and how to coach each.
- Capitalize on your style for more effective communication.
- Delegate tasks to others.
- Set SMART goals for yourself and others.
- Provide constructive feedback and follow up on goals and workgroup targets with subordinates.
- Counsel an employee who is not performing up to expectations.
- Illustrate the impact of body language and voice tones on communication.
- List tactics for dealing with difficult behaviors.
- Effectively run a business meeting.
- Develop an action plan to improve your supervision skills
What Is a Team?
- The Basics of Group Dynamics
Now Do This! Delegation Done Right
- Building Personal Credibility: Understanding Different Communication Styles
- Goal Setting for Peak Performance
- So, How Am I Doing? Delivering Performance Feedback
It's Not What You Say
- Rephrasing for Better Relationships
Better Questions, Better Answers
- Skills for Drawing Others Out
- A Model for Better Listening
Difficult Personalities and Difficult Situations
- Dealing with Challenges
Pull out Your Pompoms
- Becoming a Cheerleader Without Being Cheesy
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Department heads, superintendents, senior supervisors and others who need to develop their managerial skills.