Who should attend
People looking to improve their communication skills at work through developing their listening skills. This course is suitable for anybody including senior managers who want to improve employee relationships.
About the course
The ideas in this course can help you communicate better by listening better. We cover ideas that you can incorporate right now. You can improve your active listening skills, show people you care about them and their message, and have better relationships.
To listen, really listen is a difficult thing to do. Frequently, we hear what someone is saying without giving it our full attention and without fully understanding what has been said.
Communication breaks down without effective listening skills which are why listening is usually the first place to look when there are problems with communication.
Become a better communicator through a range of techniques to use to improve the ability to listen within your organization with this training course.
Attendees will be able to:
- Analyze and have an increased understanding of the techniques of effective listening
- Discuss the skills of communication and focus on the art of listening
- Apply their new skills actively in the working environment
- Identify a Range of Verbal and Non-verbal Factors which Affect Others
- Examine Current Work Relationships and Identify Problem Areas
- Explore and Satisfy Individual Needs; Personal Barriers
- The First Impression
- The Importance of the Initial Stages of Conversation
- How a Lack of Listening at this Stage can Prove to be Damaging
- The use of Eyes and Acknowledgement Tools
- Learning to be Controlled when Confronted with a Passive Listener
- The Tendency to Over-compensate with Un-needed Phrases and Words
- Holding the Listener’s Gaze
- Appropriate Expressions and Kinetics
- Supportive Acknowledgement Responses
- Keeping the Speaker at Ease
- Background Interference
- How Misunderstandings, Misconceptions and Poor Judgment are the Probable Outcome of Interference
- Judgmental Interference
- Critical Responses
- Selective Listening, Rephrasing Pertinent Points and Returning them to the Speaker
- Using Reflective Listening in Conjunction with Passive Listening and Acknowledgement Responses
- The Prevention of Misunderstanding
- The Essence of Communication in Listening
- Reading and Understanding
- The Fundamental Advantage of Reflective Listening
Practical Application at Work:
- How to Apply a Listening Style
- Participants Agree upon Methods of Implementation and Discuss their own Strengths and Weaknesses as Listeners
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.