Women’s Leadership Program
Women face unique challenges in the workplace but they also add unique value and perspective. They shatter groupthink, improve communications dynamics, and reinvigorate companies in ways that make them more competitive. Research shows companies with a critical mass of top-team gender diversity enjoy significantly better financial performance.
Your company can build this competitive advantage by developing women at critical transition points so they stay in otherwise leaky pipelines. The Women’s Leadership Program addresses the leakiest part of the pipeline —the leap to top management.
Online videos pre-program and implementations plans post-program extend the impact of an intensive in-person workshop. Yale faculty will lead a wide range of interactive and experiential learning sessions proven to enhance women’s leadership behaviors. Participants build awareness of decision-making biases, learn how to create high-performing teams, negotiate win-win outcomes, manage crises, understand corporate governance, and create a strong personal brand.
Participants leave with new ideas, skills, confidence, and fresh perspectives to add more value to their company and cascade the benefits of improved diversity across the organization.
What to expect
- Lead your firm to better enterprise- wide gender diversity: Better understand and explain the quantitative and qualitative benefits of diversity to gain support for change.
- Use strategic vision and sharper decision-making skills: Lead growth, manage crises, drive growth through innovation, and make better decisions.
- Improve your leadership skills: Learn different styles to adapt to an individual’s, team’s, or company’s situation.
- Communicate with power: Develop executive presence with effective verbal and non-verbal skills learned with a Yale Drama School acting coach.
- Build a professional brand strategy: Articulate your value proposition and create a career strategy to support your goal to work in senior management.
Below is a sample of what you can expect to experience in the Women’s Leadership Program
Pre-program: To prepare for classroom discussion
- Case Studies: “What Makes a Leader?” and “Deloitte: A Hole in the Pipeline”
- Leadership Assessment: Decision Making for Leaders
Day One: Executive Presence
- Leadership Development for Women
- Emotional Intelligence
- Influence and Persuasion
- Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
Day Two: Leadership Perspectives and Strategic Thinking Skills
- The Business Case for Diversity: The Real ROI
- Problem Framing: Reframing Challenges
- Leading Growth through Innovation: Fail Early and Often
- Guest Speaker: A Senior Executive’s View From The Top
Day Three: Leading High Performance Teams
- Case Study 1: “What Makes a Leader?”
- Autocrat to Advisor: Decision Making For Leaders
- Gender and Negotiations: Getting to Yes Collaboratively
- Crisis Management: Leading Teams Under High Stress
Day Four: Developing a Leadership Style
- Strategies for Implementing Personal Change
- Leveraging Talent in Teams
- Gender & Negotiations
- Executive Coaching Sessions in Small Groups
Post-program: Suggested for further development:
- Implement leadership and management strategy
- Executive coaching development goals implementation
- Peer coaching
Who should attend
Senior corporate or non-profit women executives preparing for the next level, or who are new to senior management. Women family business professionals preparing for responsibility as CEO or senior management.