Women's Executive Leadership: Business Strategies for Success
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Wharton School of Business.Full disclaimer.
From glass ceilings and work-life balance to “leaning in” and office politics, female executive leaders face numerous challenges. As they ascend the corporate ladder and take on greater management responsibilities, women executives need to do so with a full understanding of the dynamics involved.
Women’s Executive Leadership: Business Strategies for Success is an executive leadership program for women that features the latest Wharton faculty research in work motivation and engagement, career development, internal coaching, emotional intelligence, and women in leadership roles. Participants will gain invaluable insight into their personal leadership style and career strengths, and master the building blocks of business acumen.
Women’s Leadership Program Highlights & Benefits
In this program, you will learn how to:
- Reimagine and advance leadership skills
- Enhance professional influence
- Improve business acumen by providing a more sophisticated understanding of marketing, talent management, and financial reporting
- Better understand nuances of negotiations and emotional intelligence
- Hone critical thinking and decision-making abilities
Experience & Impact
With a dual focus on clarity and confidence, Women’s Executive Leadership delivers sophisticated business and leadership concepts that have immediate and practical application for today’s woman business leader, allowing her to improve her leadership capabilities and advance her career. Participants will come away with a better understanding of how to apply contemporary business theories currently driving their organization and results, while creating a personal plan for their own professional advancement.
Wharton faculty, led by Professor Nancy Rothbard, apply their field-based research and the latest strategic insights to help women leaders find clarity in their careers while mastering key business acumen skills that Wharton is renowned for — leadership, strategy, management, finance, innovation, and negotiation.
What sets this program apart for women executives is its strong focus on business acumen and leadership, combined with a practical approach to developing and honing these strategic skills.
Session topics include:
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Emotional Intelligence
- Financial Acumen
- Leaning In: How Not to Fall Over
- Leadership & Teamwork
- How Top Women Succeed
Each afternoon, participants will break into small groups to review the day’s learnings and discuss how they can be put into practice back at the office. Wharton faculty and executive coaches oversee the sessions, providing real-time coaching and feedback for effective outcomes, and translating the practicum for participants to take back to the office.
Within this collegial forum, participants will establish the beginnings of a lifelong network of women executives who often face similar decision points and possibilities along their career paths, becoming a rich resource of influential peers.
Who should attend
Women’s Executive Leadership: Business Strategies for Success is best suited for executives and high-potential women who are transitioning into senior management roles within a large corporation or women entrepreneurs who are taking on a broader leadership role as their company grows.
The program is designed for women executives who:
- Have 10 or more years of experience
- Have titles ranging from manager or director to vice president, and also consultant and business owner
- Work in a wide range of industries
- Aspire to more senior levels of management
- Seek to enhance their professional influence
- Participants leave the program with an expanded peer network, plus specific tools and frameworks they can use to enhance their leadership impact within their organization.