Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is designed for women in middle to senior management levels and those who not only want to create a legacy for their corporates but for the societies in which they live too. Candidates should be experienced business women or be designated as contenders for further leadership responsibility.
About the course
Senior women in business will develop the skills in a diverse and inclusive environment to deal with a changing world
Gender equality and the rights of women have gained significant momentum in the last few years, and it continues to gain traction in business, government policies and practices. Women and men themselves who see the full value of women leaders are championing the change they want to see for the present and the future. The local and global gender inclusion movements depict the urgency of the changing landscape. This programme is about creating opportunities for women who are already leaders in their current spheres of influence to become the best version of themselves. We empower them with the realities of what it means to lead with significance and action, with passion and purpose, in this uncertain, volatile and ambiguous world during the 4th Industrial Revolution.
This course is part of number of select programmes which include the offer of access to Linkedin Learning – online learning video courses. Access will be made available on the first day of the GIBS programme and extends two months from the date of completion of the course.
How you will benefit:
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Analyse global, continental and local trends in leading women in business and related strategies;
- Engage in current opportunities and threats senior women face in the corporate world and as leaders of their own companies;
- Develop stress management strategies to thrive in the business world;
- Determine future-focused strategies for leading women in business;
- Define and co-create a new business environment for women in South Africa;
- Map and address experiences in relation to women in the workplace to create a shared understanding among diverse women and;
- Determine your own style of leadership through cases and interactions with senior business women in South Africa and from the continent.
Key Focus Areas:
- Creating our own and other’s narratives through story telling;
- Current status on women in business and in society in South Africa, Africa and emerging markets;
- Leadership styles of successful leaders in business;
- Bringing authentic leadership in to the workplace;
- Developing strategic communication skills;
- Managing diverse teams inclusively and innovatively;
- Strategies for succeeding in a 4IR world;
- Creating financial and life security through a portfolio lifestyle;
- Surviving office politics and thriving in conflict;
- Learning new wellness techniques to create a balanced future and to manage stress.
Dr Michele Ruiters has a PhD. Degree in Political Science, certificate in Women’s Studies from Rutgers University in the United States and an International Executive Development Programme Certificate from the Gordon Institute for Business Science, University of Pretoria (GIBS). In 2018, she compl...
Videos and materials
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.