Who should attend
- This programme is designed for high-functioning women at middle to senior management levels.
- Candidates should have been designated as contenders for further leadership responsibility.
About the course
Developing effective and authentic leadership in women at senior management level.
The real challenges of gender equality can neither be addressed by simply making an economic investment in women's development nor filling stipulated quotas. According to Shireen Chengadu, lead faculty on this programme "Truly inclusive and transformational workplaces will be realised when leaders become personally involved. The times in which we live and work are full of disruption and complexity with leadership at a crossroads. Women are well poised to use their voices to realise their full potential as leaders in business and in society."
This programme is for women who are ready to undertake a significant process to improve their efficacy as authentic and effective leaders. The focus is on the development of practical tools that delegates can apply in real-time and with the support of a tailored peer group and certified executive coach.
Delegates will take part in four session types:
- Leadership Skills Sessions
Workshops with a focus on resilience, being heard, authenticity, managing your personal brand and coaching for high-performance.
- Small Group Coaching Sessions
Peer-mentor groups are paired with an executive coach to provide real-time support for leadership development goals.
- Leadership Assessment and Feedback
Feedback from multiple sources to inform personalised continued development for each delegate.
- Academic Instruction
These sessions explore the theoretical underpinnings and empirical data that drive the business imperative of gender diversity.
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Apply your personalised leadership skill set with greater impact;
- Meet your professional goals with greater ease and authenticity;
- Harness the value of diverse skillsets in your team;
- Mentor and coach your team more effectively;
- Amplify your professional voice;
- Utilise a broader professional network; and
- Demonstrate compelling business cases to implement your workplace improvement ideas.
Profile Shireen is currently serving as acting Director of University Relations: University of Pretoria. From December 2002, she served in various executive roles at GIBS, her final role being that of executive director of the Centre for Leadership and Dialogue and Enterprise Development Academ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.