Successfully Managing People
Are you a Manager with 1-3 years of experience? Does your success depends on how effective you manage your people and team? Managing a team can be difficult and challenging. Get all the skills you need to become a great people manager in just 3 days. Develop a high-performance team that is motivated and committed with the company goals. Learn to promote a culture of accountability and cooperation within your team, get the skills to delegate and manage conflict effectively, and align your whole team around a common vision to achieve your objectives and those of your company.
You've got a lot on your plate. A multicultural workforce with generational clashes, plus culture and values differences. Employees who offer resistance rather than support. Flatter organizations with shifting priorities and rising expectations.
So what are the key skills you need to become a great manager?
- How do you create a real team spirit and get your people working together?
- How do you delegate and motivate your team and create a culture of accountability?
- How do you get the most out of everyone and align the whole team in one direction to achieve your objectives?
- Are you ready to develop a high-performance team and get more done?
- Do you want to learn how to resolve team conflict and get more from your team by adapting your management style to every situation?
Register to this intensive 3-day people management training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeway:
- Resolve team conflict using emotional intelligence
- Listen to people in order to influence them
- Help your direct reports to stay motivated and take on increasingly challenging responsibilities
This people management training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your management skills. You will gain a wider perspective of management practice through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications. The training programme is ideal for new managers who want to get quickly up and running in their role.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your people management skills & competencies and be able to:
- Motivate every member of your team—even if they are very different
- Adjust your management and personal style to the needs of different situations
- Resolve conflict more effectively in a wide variety of situations
- Get more done by using the best delegation techniques for each situation
- Turn difficult people and poor performers into team players
- Win the cooperation and trust from people in your organization
- Increase your confidence, leadership skills, and personal and professional satisfaction in your job by managing people successfully
- Use positive and corrective feedback to turn problem employees around and maximize productivity
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice people management skills using case studies, real examples and role plays over 3 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Successfully Managing People is a 3-days hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
The Experience of Being a Manager
- How to get people to want to do what they’re supposed to do
- Specific challenges you face when motivating others
- Values and their impact on work life
- How values can have productive and nonproductive results
- Identify value conflicts in yourself and in others
- Determine your own personal style profile
- Gain insight into the strengths and limitations of your profile
- Use behavioral clues to determine others’ personal styles
- How to work more effectively with other personal profiles
- Employee motivation factors and their impact on behaviors and work settings
- How to tailor your motivational efforts to individual employees and different situations
- Listening, Body Language, Giving Feedback, and Dealing with
- Use active listening to gain information and understand employees’ perspectives
- Effectively apply positive and corrective feedback
- Use appropriate values alignment when dealing with difficult employees
- The dimensions of conflict resolution
- Identify your own preferred conflict-resolution styles for better conflict management
- Use different conflict resolution styles in different situations
- Different delegation styles: How and when to use them
- Determine the appropriate delegation style for employees and situations
Understanding Organizational Culture and Subculture
- The impact of organizational culture and subculture and “cultural blinders”
- Explore the assumptions that impact your team’s thinking and actions
- Identify and build on the strengths of your team’s culture
- The components of emotional intelligence
- Gain an honest and accurate assessment of yourself
- Develop an improvement strategy
- Identify your group’s values
- Your vision for ethical leadership
- Develop a specific plan for applying what you’ve learned back on the job
- Identify people who can support your action plans
Who should attend
If you are a New Manager with 1 to 3 years of experience, and whose success depends on managing people successfully through clear communication, a cooperative attitude and commitment to shared goals, this programme is for you. Some of the management positions that usually attend to this people management training course are:
- First Line Managers
- Managers of business units and departments
- Individuals with management responsibilities