Who should attend
- Middle-, upper- and senior-level executives
- Human resources professionals
- High-potential employees who have (or will soon have) significant responsibility for managing and leading others
- Federal Government managers who have responsibility for motivating employees and fostering their individual growth
About the course
Develop people-engagement strategies Whether you are a leader of a small team or a large business unit, you know that motivating and energizing people to perform is one of the most critical aspects of your role. Engaging individuals can also be one of the most difficult tasks if you do not have the tactics and approaches in your toolkit to encourage and inspire people. Our expert faculty will help you discover the people-focused strategies that will enable you to succeed by energizing and supporting the people who work with you.
In a collaborative learning environment, you’ll participate in lively sessions and interactive exercises, self-assessments and case studies designed to help you identify your strengths and communication style as you master the processes and tools required to motivate your team to higher levels of performance. You’ll also receive personalized coaching focused on helping you become a more effective manager and leave with a personal action plan for engaging, energizing and empowering your people.
- Identify strategies to motivate and energize individuals to produce superior bottom-line results
- Assess your leadership capabilities, preferences and approach to identify areas of strength and opportunity
- Increase your personal effectiveness as a manager of people through experiential learning focused on practical application
- Engage in small group discussion with a professional coach and develop a personal action plan you can implement immediately
The Energizing Leader
- Learn the personal and situational facets of leadership that build trust and engagement in the workforce
- Improve your ability to diagnose performance, communicate expectations and motivate people for results
- Build awareness of your approach to leading others and of your people’s approach to work, and develop strategies to bridge the gap
Strategies for Energizing Individuals and Teams
- Identify the multifaceted forces that contribute to the success or failure of individual employees and effective tools to manage these forces
- Acquire core coaching skills for grooming others for leadership and practice them with peers in class
- Develop strategies for communicating with employees to optimize relationships and elevate performance
- Learn about job-crafting as a strategy to help employees shape their own work environments and make them more engaging
During the program, you will join a faculty-facilitated small group coaching session to address your specific people-related challenges and opportunities. This is a chance to draw on the wisdom and experiences of expert faculty members and other seasoned professionals in an intimate, highly personalized setting.
Fred has enjoyed the privilege of serving as an internal and external organizational architect for many of the world's leading multi-national firms. He is a keynote speaker, executive coach, writer, and organizational consultant. He designs and implements engagements that create coaching capabili...
Professor Carroll is a Clinical Associate Professor and the Director of the Management Communication Program at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. As a member of the faculty, she develops curriculum and teaches in the areas of leadership, change management and organizat...
Brenda Ellington Booth joined Kellogg in 1999 as an Assistant Professor of Management and Organizations and Associate Academic Director of Executive Programs. In 2007, she created the role of Academic Director of Kellogg Leadership Coaching Programs. In 2009 she was promoted to Clinical Professor...
Gail Berger is an Assistant Professor of Instruction at the McCormick School of Engineering and Assistant Professor of Executive Education (Courtesy) at the Kellogg School of Management. She brings academic and professional experience in the areas of conflict resolution, leadership development, s...
Ann Zastrow is a Director in Executive Education at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, where she designs and directs custom learning and open enrollment programs for senior executives. She is an experienced and trusted partner working closely with faculty, clients, and p...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.