Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
BENEFITS TO EMPLOYERS
Research shows that Latinos/Hispanics are the fastest growing segment both of the U.S. talent pool and the U.S. market. This program combines foundational leadership and business skills with awareness of cultural traits that may stall career advancement. Rising Latino Leaders is a course proven to prepare your high potential Latino managers and strong individual contributors with confidence for impactful team leadership roles.
BENEFITS TO INDIVIDUALS
You are the talent corporate America seeks to attract, retain and promote. This program highlights your unique value to your company and teaches you to uncover the significance of bi-cultural experience to successful leadership and business results.
About the course
Despite being the fastest growing talent pool in the U.S., Latinos are underrepresented nationally in managerial positions and face slow upward mobility. The SMU Cox Latino Leadership Initiative has developed a leadership development program to prepare participants for success in managerial positions and to equip them to progress to higher levels of responsibility.
The curriculum and structure of this program was created in collaboration with senior executives from companies including AT&T, Baylor Scott & White Health, Northwestern Mutual, PepsiCo, EY, JCPenney, Kimberly-Clark, MoneyGram, Shell Oil, State Farm, and Walmart.
- Aid the transition from individual contributors and supervisors to high potential leaders
- Cultivate critical business and leadership skills
- Raise awareness of how hidden aspects of Latino culture can affect performance and achievement
- Learn to highlight the value of being bi-cultural
- Prepare participants for sustained success at higher levels
- Interactive learning experiences
- Case studies, articles and other background materials
- Individual communication style assessment
- Small group discussions and activities
- Creating a network of Latino managers from varied industries and professional disciplines
- Exposure to experienced senior Latino executives
KEY PROGRAM MODULES
- Cultural Foundations of Latino Leaders
- The Leadership Mindset - Becoming an Effective Leader
- Driving Performance, Engagement & Trust
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Ensuring Value Creation
- Executive Presence
- Developing Influence & Social Capital
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.