Comprehensive course analysis
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
Who should attend
- High-potential mid- to senior-level executives; Federal Government managers
- Executives preparing for general management, cross-functional roles, or higher levels of responsibility
About the course
Maximizing Your Authentic Leadership Impact
Today's demanding global environment requires leaders to possess self-awareness and self-management. Executives growing into leadership roles are best served by embracing a comprehensive, holistic leadership mindset, lived out in behaviors and practices that help them to be the most effective leaders possible.
This unique program provides an intensive leadership development experience designed to help you become a self-reflective, more effective leader. Through an in-depth exploration of self-awareness, self-management, mindset, feedback, influence, judgment, character, resilience and executive presence, you will develop the proficiency needed to propel your career forward. In addition to refining your personal leadership practices, you will leave with your own personal action plan for maximizing your impact.
- Create your distinctive, authentic leadership narrative
- Develop your own personal leadership action plan
- Hone your influence and persuasion skills
- Master frameworks, tools, and practices to help you become an effective leader at the highest organizational levels
Maximizing Your Leadership Impact
- Assess your leadership landscape to identify individual and organizational leadership opportunities and needs
- Refine your own compelling, authentic leadership narrative and understand how to harness the power of narrative identity
- Discover how routines are a key factor in achieving superior outcomes
- Explore the science behind time allocation in the workplace and how to leverage your time for optimal results
Leading with Confidence and Impact
- Cultivate the leader’s mindset – how to increase awareness and focus for individual and organizational growth
- Deepen your understanding of executive judgment
- Integrate the dimensions of presence that typify strong, warm leaders at their best
- Learn techniques to assess and strengthen values-based character competencies
- Gain insights into emotional and intellectual toughness in demanding situations
- Understand how to use feedback as a power tool for growth
- Leverage the power of understanding trust, culture and influence communication and executive presence
Fred has enjoyed the privilege of serving as an internal and external organizational architect for many of the world's leading multi-national firms. He is a keynote speaker, executive coach, writer, and organizational consultant. He designs and implements engagements that create coaching capabili...
Michelle Buck is Clinical Professor of Leadership at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. She has previously served as the School's first Director of Leadership Initiatives from 2006 to 2013, designing and coordinating opportunities for personal leadership development to ...
Professor Timothy Feddersen joined the faculty at the Kellogg School of Management in 1995. He is the Wendell Hobbs Professor of Managerial Politics. Professor Feddersen's research centers on the manner in which elections aggregate dispersed information; the linkage between information and partic...
Bob comes to Kellogg having served with distinction in the United States Army, most recently as the Chief of Force Management and Integration at the Department of the Army, Washington D.C. In that role, Colonel Hughes oversaw the planning and cross-functional integration of complex organizational...
Loran Nordgren is an Associate Professor of Management and Organizations at the Kellogg School of Management. His research considers the basic psychological processes that guide how we think and act. The overarching goal of his work is to advance psychological theory and to use theory-driven insi...
Brooke Olson Vuckovic's career has been focused on helping executives define their purpose and presence as leaders; stretching them to become more focused, non-reactive and clear on who they are, where they're going, why they lead, and what the circumstances they face demand of them. Dr. Vuckovi...
Gail Berger is an Assistant Professor of Instruction at the McCormick School of Engineering and Assistant Professor of Executive Education (Courtesy) at the Kellogg School of Management. She brings academic and professional experience in the areas of conflict resolution, leadership development, s...
Dan P. McAdams is the Henry Wade Rogers Professor of Psychology and Professor of Human Development and Social Policy. Currently, he also serves as the Chair of the Psychology Department. Professor McAdams received his B.S. degree from Christ College, Valparaiso University in 1976, and his Ph.D. i...
Jim works with business leaders and teams to help them discover their values, stance, creativity and turn them into services, environments and products which are tangible and enduring. The result builds equity in brands and unlocks authenticity, inventiveness, empathy, and courage in leaders, cu...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.