Who should attend
The Becoming a Leader of Leaders: Pathways for Success is designed for senior managers who want to strengthen, advance, and hone their leadership skills to meet their organization's current and future challenges. With a results-oriented, intensive, hands-on learning experience, the curriculum is intended for professionals seeking to broaden their skills for leading other leaders.
About the course
Intensifying demands for high performance leadership are pressing teams and organizations everywhere to become more flexible and proactive. Senior-level executives at the helm of an organization are finding that effective leadership requires a skillset and capacity to lead that is both like and unlike what they have already experienced and learned. Today’s senior leaders need to think more strategically, communicate more persuasively, and act more decisively — all while developing the leadership of those around them.
Becoming a Leader of Leaders: Pathways for Success draws on new research and insights — as well as on challenging times and pivotal leadership moments in history — to provide you with strategies to strengthen your leadership and build a highly effective team for getting the job done, both today and tomorrow.
Program Highlights & Benefits
- Become a more effective leader of leaders
- Take tangible actions to strengthen your own leadership and that of others
- Make your team a team of leaders
- Develop appreciation for your leadership by others and by you
- Coach and mentor high-potential managers who report to you
- Learn to lead out and up, not just down
- Prepare yourself for more senior responsibilities and general management
- Sustain your resilience and determination to more effectively handle uncertainty, stress, and burnout
Experience & Impact
This program focuses on strengthening your personal capacity to produce results, and the capacity of others to do the same. Highly interactive, Becoming a Leader of Leaders: Pathways for Success blends team exercises, case discussions, computer simulations, and personal development sessions to help clarify your principles and goals and put them into practice. By attending this program, you will expand your capacity to think strategically, communicate persuasively, and act decisively, and do so in a way that builds resilience in yourself, those around you, and the organization.
There are multiple components that make this program different from other senior leadership programs.
Specifically, you will:
- Study and apply the latest research and thinking on senior leadership and decision making
- Experiment with new strategies and behaviors in applied learning sessions
- Develop a succession plan for yourself and your team, preparing for your next role and developing leadership in others
- Build your leadership presence and team determination
- Engage in hands-on simulations of decision making and enterprise building
- Prepare yourself for active ownership of your operation's greatest challenges
- Learn what it takes to be a leader of leaders
An awardwinning teacher, consultant and author of numerous books on leadership and change, Greg’s expertise covers organizational and individual change, group effectiveness, and conflict resolution. For over 30 years, he has consulted extensively with senior organizational leaders of companies fa...
Education: PhD, Harvard University; MA, Harvard University; BS, University of Michigan. Academic Appointment: William and Jacalyn Egan Professor of Management, 1997. Director, Wharton Center for Leadership and Change Management, 1996. Recent Consulting: Numerous programs on leadership, decision m...
Peter Cappelli is the George W. Taylor Professor of Management at The Wharton School and Director of Wharton’s Center for Human Resources. He is also a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research in Cambridge, MA, served as Senior Advisor to the Kingdom of Bahrain for Employme...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.