Emerging Leaders Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with European School of Management and Technology.Full disclaimer.
Talents assigned to their first leadership roles need to prove themselves to their superiors, peers, and collaborators. Succeeding requires a profound change in both skills and mindset: from a talent who delivers value individually to a leader who creates value through others. The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is designed to enable participants to manage this critical transition and realize their full leadership potential.
In the first module, participants will develop insights and tools to help them deal with the multifaceted contexts in which leadership plays out while learning how effective leadership requires actively managing upwards, downwards, and laterally. In the second module, participants will reflect on the responsibilities they have accepted as future leaders. Through intense interactions with faculty, peers, and professional actors, they will explore the ethical and psychological foundations of leadership and work on preparing a foundation for their own individual path to leadership.
- concepts and tools needed to better understand the principles of human behavior within organizations
- increase acceptance of their ideas and work requests and establish productive working relationships with subordinates, peers, and superiors
- further develop leadership skills and remain resilient in the face of work- and team-related challenges
- post-program follow-up support to assist with putting new skills into practice
- prepare emerging leaders for future leadership roles
- discover various ways to achieve leadership positions
- Emerging Leaders alumni system for participants and their organizations
Module 1: The context of leadership ESMT Berlin
- Understand the company behind the organization chart
- Build an effective network
- Create value through downward, upward, and lateral management
- Motivate self and others
- Build a high-performance team culture
Module 2: Personal leadership skills Athens, Greece
- Ethical and psychological foundations of leadership
- Leadership in action
- Communicate as a leader
- Leadership transitions and selfdevelopment
Who should attend
Managers who have recently been appointed to leadership positions or high potentials in preparation of their first significant leadership roles. The ELP is designed to prepare participants with diverse professional and personal backgrounds.