Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Senior leaders of people, teams, projects and organisations
- Ambitious managers who aspire to senior leadership
- Entrepreneurs building their businesses
About the course
See yourself as others see you. Gain insight into your personal impact as a leader and develop your action plan for success with the Advanced Personal Leadership Programme.
- Become a confident leader with conviction in your leadership style
- Understand the differences between management and leadership
- Explore the dynamics of high-performance teams and organisations – and understand how to create them
- Receive constructive, real-time feedback on your behaviour and interactions, providing a catalyst for change
The Advanced Personal Leadership Programme is a tailored and entirely practical course. Taught through group work, real-life leadership challenges and 1:1 coaching, it lets you experiment with new behaviours in a safe and supportive space.
Through direct, real-time feedback you will have the opportunity to see yourself as others see you. This process can act as a catalyst for profound conversations and real personal change, helping to make you a more effective leader.
Working as part of a small, supportive cohort of peers, you will explore your leadership strengths and areas for development. You will come away from the programme with a personal leadership development plan, helping you make an immediate practical impact back in your organisation.
Strengthen your ability to recognise, diagnose and manage challenging or sensitive issues within your team/organisation
Understand how to inspire and motivate your team/organisation
Witness the impact of different leadership approaches and the reactions they can cause
Network and share ideas with a small group of peers from diverse backgrounds
Develop self-aware, confident leaders with the mindset to take on new challenges and responsibilities
The programme has an immediate practical impact and often gives participants a renewed sense of purpose
Senior executives gain a working knowledge of behaviour and an understanding of how it impacts your organisation (in terms of individuals, teams and culture)
The Advanced Personal Leadership Programme is entirely practical, delivered through group work and discussions, real-life leadership challenges and one-to-one coaching. You will 'learn by doing' and explore the leadership styles that work for you.
The programme runs for a total of six and a half days:
APL: Pre-Programme (3-4 weeks)
Three to four weeks before your course starts, you will:
- Complete a 360-degree leadership questionnaire on your strengths and areas for improvement
- Identify development objectives to help you get the most out of your course
APL: Module 1 (5.5 days)
Module 1 enables you to tackle real leadership challenges and examine different leadership approaches. It culiminates in a personal leadership development plan.
APL: Module 2 (1 day)
In this module, you will:
- Review your progress against your action plan using Action Learning Groups
- Participate in a 1:1 coaching session with your programme tutor
APL: Post-Programme Activities
We invite you to remain within the Henley Business School community post-programme. You can:
- Participate in ongoing coaching if required (fee applies)
- Access resources from the virtual learning portal for up to 12 months
- Join our alumni network
Kate is an Associate Client Director at Henley Business School. She works with top teams and senior leaders on leadership, team and organisational development issues, specialising in the behavioural changes that underpin cultural and organisational changes. Kate works in both the public and priva...
Jon Stokes is a Senior Fellow in Management Practice at Saïd Business School. He is a Visiting Professor at Strathclyde Graduate Business School, an Associate Faculty member of Henley Business School and an Associate Fellow of the Institute for Government. Jon is a highly experienced business psy...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.