Who should attend
This program is ideal for anyone who:
- Wants to learn the basics of PR
- Is looking for a refresher PR course
- Wants to learn about PR in today’s digital era
- Is newly responsible for in-house PR
- May start working with or in a PR agency
About the course
The Internet has transformed public relations. Across every PR discipline, from media relations and news releases to contributed content and influencer marketing, digital has changed PR and ushered in a plethora of new tools, tactics, and platforms for successfully and effectively delivering the right messages to the right audiences at the right time.
Whether you work in-house or in a PR firm, this five-week certificate program will help you to improve your knowledge and application of public relations in today’s digital age. The Public Relations Essentials in a Digital World Certificate Program takes you inside public relations with information and exercises that will enable you to implement the latest digital and traditional PR tools, techniques and channels and create an effective digital PR strategy. In this program, you will learn how to develop well-crafted, cogent digital content, various ways to pitch traditional and digital media to generate press coverage as well as tips for maximizing content and placements.
Public Relations Essentials in a Digital World also counts as an elective towards completing the Integrated Marketing Communications Certificate Program.
In this course, you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of PR in today’s digital world
- Become familiar with various digital and traditional PR tools, tactics, channels and platforms
- Hear how to work with the media to obtain press coverage
- Gain real-world experience evaluating digital content and writing PR copy
- Why “Public” Relations
- Why PR is still important today
- PR upsides and downsides
- Traditional vs. digital PR
- Digital PR distinctions
- Creating an effective PR strategy
- Online newsrooms
- Building a customer profile
- Writing for your target audiences
- Channels and platforms
- News releases
- Tools and tactics to generate press coverage and reach target audiences
- New rules for reaching the media
- Pitching the media
- Thought leadership
- Social media and PR
- Developing a content plan to boost PR efforts
- Creating awesome content
- Media monitoring
- Spokesperson training
- Reporting and measurement
- Final Project: Analyzing a company’s digital content
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.