Who should attend
Managers, supervisors and officers experienced in public relations. Other key personnel whose work involves contact and interaction with the internal or external public, particularly in the areas of personnel, marketing, sales, training and administration will also benefit from this course.
About the course
This course will take you step-by-step through proven best approaches to PR planning and management. By following these steps, PR professionals will achieve results that can be measured and reported back to top management, and directly contribute to the organization’s success by enhancing its reputation and improving its relationships.
You will be shown how the fundamentals of PR are vital, and how skillful diplomatic handling will help you understand reputation and relationships. A PR Professional can often be in a challenging, difficult and even confusing situation; therefore, attending this course will enable you to develop the skills to present practical and achievable plans that win management confidence.
## Course Objectives
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- List the functions of Public Relations (PR) in a changing environment
- Plan and organize a PR program by familiarizing themselves with the main functions of a PR professional
- Practice the key communication skills and techniques essential for performing their PR duties
- Implement their know-how to communicate effectively with the internal and external publics of the organization
- Justify the role of a PR professional in supporting the image and reputation of the organization by becoming proficient in both verbal and written communication
- Plan and execute a press conference
- Recognize how to communicate effectively with the internal and external publics of the organization.
- Identify the role of a PR professional in supporting the image and reputation of the organization.
- Behave correctly in both business and social situations.
- Interact effectively with different types of guests.
- Play the role of the ideal host at various functions.
- Organize and manage events such as business luncheons and formal dinners.
- Meet and greet important guests, clients and customers in a proper manner.
- Deal successfully with the media.
## Course Outline
PR in a changing environment
- The origin and development of PR
- Definitions of PR
- Scope of PR
- Objectives of PR
- Guiding principles of PR professionals
- PR campaigns
- New roles and perspectives
- The role of PR in building and supporting the image of the organization
The functions of PR
- Management principles
- Planning and organizing the activities of PR
- Leading and controlling PR projects
- Ingredients of successful PR planning
- Main qualities of PR professionals
- PR position in the organization
- Responsibilities of the PR professional
PR and communication
- Communicating with the internal and external public
- Key components in communication
- Diffusion and effects
- What makes effective communicators in PR
- Communication functions
- Overcoming barriers in communication
- Non verbal communication
- The communication abilities for PR professionals
The role of PR professionals in dealing with the internal and external public
- Understanding difficult personalities
- Dealing with difficult personalities
Oral communication skills
- Kinds of verbal communication
- How to prepare for a presentation or a speech
- Rehearsing your presentation or a speech
- Verbal and non verbal skills while presenting
Written communication skills
- Writing for the eye and ear
- Fundamentals of writing
- Written communication media
- Preparing a press release
- Writing and producing newsletters
- Designing and producing brochures
- Preparing articles for magazines
- Defining a press conference
- Reasons to hold a press conference
- Conducting a press conference
- Preparing a media and press kit
- Building good relations with the media
- Principles of dealing with the press during a crisis
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.