Who should attend
Any marketer or communications professional who wishes to understand up-to-the-minute, highly effective public relations.
About the course
In this practical one-day workshop, you will learn the principles of online and offline press relations, writing for the media, understanding a news story and the essential tips to launch an offline or online event.
The course is highly interactive, with ample of opportunities to produce work and discuss assignments. Practical exercise will help you write with greater confidence and build the skills to nurture media relationships and shape your essential ‘black-book’ of press contacts.
- What drives journalists and reporters
- What journalists need from PR professionals
- Understand the power of storytelling
- Create your story across channels and through influencers
- Plan and pitch: develop a successful PR plan
- Evaluate your PR to prove its impact on your business
- Understand the Five Ps of PR
- Write compelling press releases and develop your story ‘hooks’
- Leverage social channels to build media relationships
- Reach the right people: report your story to the world
- Deliver online launches: how to plan webinars and PR websites
- Create a news hook, turning a weak story into a powerful narrative
- Deal with negative reviews and comments
The CIM experience
- Expert trainers - Passionate specialists who keep up to date with the latest trends in their field.
- Quality delivery - Trainers are assessed annually on the quality of their delivery and delegate engagement.
- Practical training methods - Theory and practical based training to take back to the office.
- Small class sizes - No more than 15 people to ensure you get the most from our trainers.
- Wide breadth of topics - Marketers should understand marketing as a whole, not just digital.
- 3 learning levels - Principles, Intermediate and Advanced.
Jonathan Gabay is an award-winning copywriter and digital specialist who works with leading corporates on websites, blogs, video, social and much more. Some of the world’s biggest brands and organisations turn to him for advice and development on all aspects of content including strategy and inte...
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.