Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Security professionals, business continuity planners, Public Relations Managers, compliance personnel, risk managers, Administrators and others.
About the course
This course provides participants with the opportunity to identify how a crisis can impact an organization and what should be done to mitigate its effects. The course focuses on how to prepare the communication function to respond rapidly and effectively in the event of a crisis in order to be able to manage perceptions in media and online.
By attending this course, you will learn best practices in crisis communication management, situation analysis, risk assessment, crisis team formation and responsibilities, protocols, and resources to be used such as crisis manuals and communication tools.
## Course Objectives
- Comprehensive study of public relations including identifying and reaching internal and external publics; dealing with print and electronic media; advertising, printing, direct mail; and preparing a public relations plan and budget.
- Also involves the writing of news releases, public service announcements, and advertising copy. Occasional offering.
- Gain an understanding of Strategic Crisis Management as it relates to yourself, your teams and your organization
- Learn to think strategically in a crisis - look at the 'big picture'
- Learn how to enhance strategic leadership in your crisis response teams, your organizational systems and your processes
## Course Outline
Foundations of Public Relations
- Models of public relations
- Public relations research
- Public relations process
Public Relations and Communication
- Internal communication
- External communication
- Cross-cultural and international communication
Developing Public Relations Programs and Campaigns
- Determining PR needs and objectives
- Planning PR programs and campaigns
- Developing a budget
- Evaluating PR programs and campaigns
- Developing PR in various settings (e.g., corporate, academic, government, non-profit, trade association, union)
Public Relations and Media
- Understanding media needs
- Preparing news releases and publicity messages
- Using radio, television, and electronic technologies
- Planning press conferences and other special media events
Public Relations and Legal/Ethical Issues
- First Amendment rights and PR
- Contracts and legal responsibilities
- Libel and slander
- Ethical decision making
Introduction to Crisis Management
- Incident Management
- Crisis Leadership and Team Building
- Senior Management Crisis Training
- Introduction to the Media and Crisis Communications
- Media Interview Training
- Crisis Management Centers - design and operation
- Information Management
- Exercise Excellence - design, delivery, review
- Preparing for Pandemic Influenza in the Workplace
- Supporting People after Traumatic Incidents
Public Relations and Crisis Management
- Developing PR crisis plans
- Crisis PR communications
- Anticipating PR crisis situations
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.