Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Anyone who is interested in learning more about PR, and who is keen to pick up the basics.
About the course
A compact course on Public Relations (PR) for beginners as well as those who are in communication roles who would like to have a quick overview of PR and its roles and functions.
## Course Objectives
To provide an insight into PR and to equip participants with a sound understanding of the principles and basic techniques of PR for day-to-day operations and in a crisis.
## Course Outline
- Introduction to Public Relations (PR) and Principles
- Definition of PR and its key principles
- The role of PR in an organization
- How to leverage on effective PR when reaching out to stakeholders and other ‘publics’
- PR conventions and terms
- The importance of corporate image and role of PR in developing and sustaining that image
Publicity and promotions to benefit an organization
- Types of publicity – positive and negative
- How publicity and promotions contribute to an organization’s corporate image
Negative publicity that is detrimental to an organization
- How to anticipate and respond to negative publicity
What is a crisis?
- Types of crisis
- How corporate image and brands are affected by a crisis
- How to employ PR effectively when a crisis strikes an organization
- Communication objectives and key messages in a crisis
- How to employ PR proactively in crisis and issues management
- Tools of the trade in crisis communication
Online crisis communications
- How online media has evolved as a key player in crises today
- How to utilize online media effectively in a crisis
Salvaging a reputation after a crisis
- How PR can be used to restore an organization’s reputation after a crisis
Introduction to encounters with the Media/Interview Techniques
- Understanding the different types of media (mainstream and online)
- How the media operates
- Media terms and conventions
- How to engage the different media to reach out effectively to key audiences
- How to handle the different types of media interviews
Introduction to Events Management
- Types of events
- Planning and strategies involved
Group work/practical session: Public Relations Campaign
- This will be the finale to the three-day course. Participants will develop and present a PR Campaign based on a scenario provided to demonstrate the principles, key concepts and techniques that have been covered in the course
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.