Who should attend
Public relations officers and other key personnel in the organization whose work involves contact and interaction with the internal/ external public, particularly managers and supervisors in the areas of personnel, marketing, sales, and media.
About the course
This training program will enhance your knowledge and skills in managing Public relations effectively and also the media in professional way.
Public relations crisis communication begins with personal relationships – with reporters, editors, broadcasters – but it is leveraged through technology planning and grassroots campaigning. The relationship we develop is importance to overcome all the crisis arises.
As communications technology increases speed of access to information, management of information flows and the perceptions of an organization are business essentials. A news item beginning in the Gulf and reported locally could be headline news around the world by evening. Equally events and ideas from around the world can impact on your business. How can this environment be managed for business benefit? In this course you will learn.
The tools and techniques required to manage reputation in a complex media environment How to manage knowledge within the business for effective media management How to shape external perceptions of your organization by first class corporate internal communications How to develop a strategic approach and a clear plan of action
## Course Objectives
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- To set corporate Affairs in strategic anticipatory and effective context
- Examine the development of Corporate Affairs tools
- Do a Preparation process: developing a plan which works in practice.
- Develop Action checklist: what to do when it happens.
- Know Strategy checklist.
- Develop Communication psychology in a crisis.
- Understanding the development of strategy/plans/tactics and co-coordinating these
- Evaluation and the use of research
- Examine the role of Communications/PR in the 21st Century Organization
- Explore the range of communications techniques and tools available
- Develop increased skill writing for print and the web and competency in the range of PR tools and techniques including editing
- Learn how to write a clear PR/Communications brief
- Plan communications activity to meet client need
- Learn how to develop an electronic PR/Communications Centre
- Develop crisis media management techniques
- Develop media interview techniques
- Develop personal communications effectiveness
## Course Outline
- Introduction and welcome
- Course expectation
- Opening exercise: Goal setting
- Corporate Affairs and Public Affairs approaches
- Corporate identity and image
- Corporate communications overview and strategy
- External reputation management Communication as a change agent
- Communication as goal for all managers
- The role of Communications PR in the organization
- The range of media and channels
- A problem-solving approach to PR
- Develop a contingency communication strategy BEFORE you need it.
- Identify a single point of contact at the beginning of a crisis.
- Play an active role in the story.
- NEVER LIE.
- Talk about the future.
- Practice the phrase: "The important thing to remember is..."
- Print Media relations
- Electronic media relations
- Employee relations
- Multicultural community relations’
- Government relations
- Consumer relations
- International relations
- Public relations writing
- Public relations and the internet
- Crisis management
- PR in the marketing mix
- Direct response PR
- Financial PR
- PR and strategy
- Brand PR
- Persuasion measurement techniques
- Integrating PR/Communications and marketing plans
- The art of leveraging
- Corporate affairs and customer relations
- Exercise – Writing activities
- Crisis Management
- Managing and planning
- Emergence of risk communications
- Communicating in a crisis
- Engaging the media
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.