Who should attend
PR officers and any other key personnel involved in creating and enhancing a positive image for their organization.
About the course
Recognize how to communicate effectively with the internal and external publics of the organization.
Identify the role of a PR professional in supporting the image and reputation of the organization.
## Course Objectives
By the end of this seminar, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the importance of organizational image.
- Create and implement a PR plan.
- Manage a crisis using PR means.
- List contributions of PR campaigns to strategic management.
- Measure PR effectiveness.
- Describe the functions of Public Relations (PR) in a changing environment.
- Practice the key communication skills and techniques essential for performing their PR duties.
- Behave correctly in both business and social situations.
- Interact effectively with different types of guests.
- Play the role of the ideal host at various functions.
- Organize and manage events such as business luncheons and formal dinners.
- Meet and greet important guests, clients and customers in a proper manner.
- Deal successfully with the media.
- Understand the strategic value of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and their role in the internal and external supply chain
- Learn how to implement an SLA project and explore the key performance indicators (KPIs) required in service measurement
## Course Outline
- What is PR
- Public RR
- The Many Components of PR
- Key Difference between PR and Advertising
Public Relations Plan
- Situation Analysis (S.W.O.T.)
- Target Audience(s)
- Goals (What Do We Hope to Accomplish?)
- Objectives (What needs to be done?)
- Key Messages
The Functions of PR
- Planning and Organizing the Activities of PR
- Ingredients of Successful PR Planning
- Main Qualities of PR Professionals
- PR Position in the Organization
PR and Communication
- Communicating with the Internal and External Public
- Overcoming Barriers in Communication
- Non Verbal Communication
- The Communication Abilities for PR Professionals
The Role of PR Professionals in Dealing with the Internal and External Public
- Understanding Difficult Personalities
- Dealing with Difficult Personalities
- Why Conduct a Press Conference
- How to Conduct a Press Conference
- How to Prepare a Press Release
- Dealing with Questions During a Press Conference
- Preparing and Circulating the Press Clippings
SLA Basics SLA definition
- SLA purposes
- SLA types
- Levels of SLA
- SLA vs. contract
- SLA format
- SLA management tasks
- SLA management process
- SLA management tools
- Roles & responsibilities of SLA management
- SLA in a PBA context.
- Performance-based Acquisition Definition of performance-based Acquisition
- Why Use Performance-Based Acquisition?
Contributions of PR Campaigns to Strategic Management
- Environmental Scanning
- Issues Management
- Crisis Management
- Relationship Management
- Reputation Management
Crisis Management Using PR Means
- Defining and Identifying a Crisis
- Remembering the Rules in a Crisis
- Phases of a Crisis
- The Disclosure Principle
- The Symmetrical Communication Principle
- The Relationship Principle
- The Accountability Principle
Importance of Organizational Image
- Public Opinion
- Image and Reputation Management
- From Identity to Reputation
- Relationship Management
Measuring PR Effectiveness
- Matching Objectives and Results
- Management By Objectives (MBO)
- Public Opinions and Surveys
Definitions of Etiquette and Protocol
- The Importance of Etiquette in Business
- The Importance of Protocol in Business
- Applying the Right Behavior in Different Situations
- Creating the Right Image for your Organization
- Image Building and Image Management
- Gaining Guests’ Respect
- Understanding Human Relations
- Proper Greetings and Introductions
- Professional Hand-Shaking
- Giving Business Cards in a Proper Way
- People’s Names (Pronunciation and Remembering)
The Ideal Host
- Key Qualities of the Ideal Host
- Dealing with Different Types of Guests
- Handling Difficult Personalities
- Dealing with Guests’ Complaints
- Handling Guests’ Complaints in a Timely Manner
- Perception and Business Relations
Managing Events and Behavior
- The Business Meal
- Table Manners at Business Lunches and Business Dinners
- Setting of the Room and Table
- Mistakes to Avoid at Business Events
- Meeting Guests at Airports
Proper Communication Etiquette
- Phone Etiquette
- Meeting Etiquette
- Email Etiquette
Handling the Media
- Dealing with Questions
- Handling Confidential Information
- Effective Public Relations
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.