Partnering With Your Boss: Strategic Skills for Administrative Professionals
Build trust and credibility to strengthen your relationship with your boss and increase your effectiveness. Develop your strategic skills to make strategic decisions independently or with your boss. Are you being asked to participate in decision-making at increasingly high levels? Have you got the planning, organising, and negotiation skills to handle your boss's demands?
Register to this intensive 2-day strategic skills for administrative professionals training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeway:
- Learn techniques for effective goal setting, prioritising, planning, decision making, relationship building and listening.
- Improve at communicating confidently and assertively by gaining awareness of behavioural styles
- Make strategic decisions in collaboration with your boss or independently
You’ll return to work better able to support your organization’s/boss’s goals, adapt to various communication styles to successfully influence and work with your boss and others, establish trust, credibility and authority to strengthen your relationship with your boss.
This administrative skills training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will improve your collaboration with your boss. You will gain a wider perspective of your role through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your administrative assistant skills and be able to:
- Consistently anticipate your boss’s needs
- Gain the respect of your boss and be taken seriously
- Get what you need from others to accomplish your job and achieve your boss’s goals
- Have the authority to make—and act on—decisions
- Confidently represent your boss
- Be seen by your boss and by others as a valuable professional resource
- Develop a trusting relationship with your boss
- Partner with multiple bosses and other office professionals
- Effectively use time and get more things done in a day
During this programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples over 2 interactive days
## What will you learn and practice?
Partnering with Your Boss: Strategic Skills for Administrative Professionals is a 2-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former administrative and management experience in international companies.
Module 1 Defining the Strategic Partnership
- Identify the characteristics of effective partnering with your boss and use these features to create a positive partnership
Module 2 Developing a Trusting Relationship with the Boss
- Adapt methods to complement the boss’s preferences by completing a self-evaluation exercise and creating a blueprint for change
Module 3 Planning Skills to Anticipate and Proactively Support the Boss
- Choose and apply the active listening skills that allow you to anticipate the boss’s needs by completing a communication assessment and enacting a listening skills role play
Module 4 Extending the Partnership
- Define and integrate your personal power bases by revisiting trust…and by completing a “power-base planner”
Module 5 Aligning and Expanding Partnering Relationships
- Use influencing and persuasive communication skills in planning and delivering a business case presentation
Who should attend
If you are an administrative professional who wants to improve your contribution and collaboration with your boss through better communication, time management, self-leadership, and managerial understanding, this programme is for you. Some of the positions that usually attend to this administrative professionals training course are:
- Senior administrative support staff
- Executive secretaries
- Administrative assistants
- Staff assistants
- Executive assistants.