Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Clerical activities are performed at many departments and functions, and this course is designed for all levels of persons involved in clerical work, supervision, administration and management. The course will benefit practitioners and their supervisors or managers.
About the course
As global competition continues to pick up momentum, and cost effectiveness is the key word, the clerical function is increasingly enriched and enhanced. Clerks continue to assume higher profile roles, ensuring the administrative office is in sync with the rest of the organisation. No organisation can afford an administrative office, choking the value adding processes. And the clerical function cannot operate in a vacuum, without active tentacles into the operations.
This program addresses the why and how of clerical challenges, and provides the motivation and approach to participate in the strengthening of the organization.
- Understand your key roles in the organisation
- Review and respect your impact on the organisation
- Enhance your contribution to enhancing organisational effectiveness
- Learn to scan the environment and support the administration
- Being prepared for contingencies
- Learn the technical skills required
- Learn the interpersonal and communication skills required
- Being able to build trust and rapport
- Make do with what you have
- Being cost effective and productive
- Keeping up with the speed and getting things done
- The Clerical Function in the Organisation
- Office System – Why and How It Works
- The Clerical Strategic Position and Impact
- Enhancing the Organisational Effectiveness through the Clerical Function
- Scanning the Environment and Supporting the Administration
- Anticipating and Being Prepared to Perform
- Clerical Resourcefulness – Making Do With What You Have
- Clerical Productivity Management – Methods and Measures
- Keeping Up With the Boss
- Basic Telephone Skills
- Managing Records and Information
- Technical Skills for the Clerical Function
- Problem Solving and Getting Decisions Done
- Clerical Discipline in a Political Environment
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Building Trust and Rapport – Team Player
- Confidentiality Management
- Time Management and Meeting Targets
- Building Self Confidence
- Motivating for Excellence
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.