Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for experienced administrative professionals who have management responsibilities for other administrative staff, or who are about to move to a role which requires a greater understanding of the management role including Office Managers and Supervisors, Office Administrators, Personal Assistants, Secretaries, Department Coordinators and Team/Project Leader.
About the course
This five-day course will provide you with practical ideas, skills, and increased self-awareness which are key to moving into a more demanding role where you have supervisory responsibility. The skills and awareness that you gain at this course will help you attain your business objectives – the goals your organization expects you to reach. They will give you the ability to work productively with people and the skills to build your credibility which will lead to more important leadership roles. The course is fully participative, combining practical exercises, group discussions and accelerated learning interventions.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Build and improve upon your existing skill sets
- Develop your role and become more proactive
- Identify ways to expand your knowledge of the company and business area
- Have more control over your time and work output
- Develop and apply your interpersonal intelligence
- Manage your manager to mutual advantage
- Write more effective letters, e-mails and other forms of business correspondence
- Support and make memorable presentations
- Understand how your role as an administrative professional will alter as your career evolves to include supervisory and managerial responsibilities
- Empower yourself with the confidence and knowledge you need to meet your new challenges and responsibilities as you take on more senior administrative positions
- Increase your value to the management team by expanding your awareness of essential self- management and staff management skills
- Learn how to effectively plan and coordinate workflow and productivity
- Build the interpersonal skills that are essential for building effective relationships and influencing people
BUILDING ON EXISTING SKILLS AND DEVELOPING THE ROLE/ ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS AND TIME MANAGEMENT
- What is your role?
- Becoming more proactive
- Self-development and expanding your knowledge of the business
- Organizational skills
- Planning and prioritizing – taking control over your work load
ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS AND TIME MANAGEMENT (CONT)/DEALING WITH CHANGE
- Goal setting
- Time management under pressure
- Managing stress in self and others
- Coping with, and taking advantage of, change in the work environment
THE IMPORTANCE AND VALUE OF COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Why are communication skills so important?
- Expressing yourself with clarity
- Spoken, written and remote communication – differences and implications
- Telephone techniques
- Writing more effective business letters and e-mails
- Improving reports – structure, relevance, layout and editing
- What makes a good presentation – tips to excellent presentations
MANAGING YOUR MANAGER AND RAISING YOUR PROFILE
- Image management
- Building an effective working relationship with your manager
- What is expected of you?
- Using your skills to enable your manager to concentrate on his/her priorities
- Delegating and improving the quality of delegation received
- Working as a team
### Day 5
INTERPERSONAL INTELLIGENCE AND INFLUENCING SKILLS
- Being a team player and flexibility
- Understanding yourself and other people
- Influencing skills – gaining support and cooperation of others
- Improving self-confidence
- Resolving conflict
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Taking forward ideas for improvement
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.