Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
New and experienced HR business partners, HR leaders, and consultants and managers working alongside these roles
About the course
Understand the fundamentals of effective HR business partnering as well as practical approaches to talent and people management.
- Build credibility and capability as an HR Business Partner
- Develop your commercial acumen
- Analyse the behaviours, skills and attitudes of an effective HR Business Partner
- Explore your current experience against best practice
- Understand effective approaches to talent and performance management within your organisation
Effective HR Business Partnering focuses on understanding the HR business partner (HRBP) role and how it is affected by the changing world of work and HR.
The masterclass will help you look at your role in context and understand how to deliver best practice in an increasingly complex area. It covers both the behaviours and skills of business partnering, including the HRBP value proposition; building credibility and trust; partnering attitudes; and developing commercial acumen.
After looking at the fundamentals of business partnering you will further develop your confidence by building your knowledge around topics such as talent, performance, reward, and succession planning.
You will leave having explored your strengths and development needs, providing a strong foundation upon which to continue developing your partnering capability.
Understand how new developments in business, work and HR are changing the HRBP role
Evaluate your current capabilities against industry best practice
Work with a supportive peer group who share similar challenges
Develop the confidence, mindset and strategic capability to be a proactive leader in your organisation
Develop skills relevant to talent and performance management
HR is becoming more of a strategic partner to the business in order to deliver change and competitive advantage. This masterclass helps you move towards this goal
Develop HRBPs who are commercial, business outcome-focused, and skilled in supporting, coaching and challenging business leaders
Henley's People & Organisational Change masterclasses are delivered through the presentation and exploration of key ideas, peer discussion, group learning and case studies. Each masterclass:
- Focuses on organisational context, encouraging you to consider and discuss your own challenges
- Integrates soft skills and practice with theory, helping you develop the confidence and credibility you need to get results back in the workplace
- Gives you immediate practical takeaways such as an action plan aligned with your personal learning objectives
- Provides the opportunity to engage with a supportive peer network
You will look at topics including:
- The future of work and the changing context of HR and the HRBP role
- How to build credibility, capability and trust at a functional and individual level
- Developing business and commercial acumen (linking your role to business outcomes)
- The skills, behaviours and attitudes needed to be an effective HRBP
- Partnering attitudes - group and individual insights
- Development planning and peer coaching
- The changing context of work and talent management
- Talent management strategies
- Running effective talent reviews
- Effective succession planning
- Performance management - practical approaches
- Reward principles
- Talent data and effective use of HR metrics
Paul has over 25 years of international experience in leading consultancies. His client experience spans all market sectors, including clients such as Network Rail, DHL, Bank of England, HM Treasury, BAE Systems, Swiss Re and Siemens. Paul is a founder of the European Organisational Design Forum...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.