Who should attend
- New and experienced HR business partners, as well as consultants and managers working alongside these roles
- Senior HR business partners wanting to perfect their skills and drive value
- HR leaders looking to understand how they might develop their wider HR population
About the course
Get to grips with the fundamentals of effective HR business partnering
Effective HR Business Partnering Part 1 focuses on understanding the HR business partner (HRBP) role and how it is affected by the changing world of work and HR.
The masterclass will help you look at your role in context and understand how to be more effective. It covers the behavioural side and fundamentals of partnering including:
- How to build credibility and capability as an HRBP
- Developing commercial acumen
- Diagnosing the behaviours, skills and attitudes that will make you successful
- Exploring your current experience against best practice
Which HR Business Partnering masterclass should I take part in?
While they are designed to build on each other, you do not need to take the masterclasses in order or complete both for them to make sense.
Part 1 focuses on the behavioural side and fundamentals of partnering excellence, while
Part 2 builds specific knowledge around talent management, succession planning, performance and reward management (i.e. how to add value to the people process areas).
Effective HR Business Partnering Part 1 is delivered through the presentation and exploration of key ideas, peer discussion, group learning and case studies.
The in-person version is delivered over one day at our Greenlands campus near Henley-on-Thames.
The live-online version is delivered as two half-day facilitated interactive sessions, enabling real-time engagement and discussion.
You will look at topics including:
- The future of work and the changing context of HR and the HRBP role
- How to build credibility, capability and trust at a functional and individual level
- Developing business and commercial acumen (linking your role to business outcomes)
- The skills, behaviours and attitudes needed to be an effective HRBP
- Partnering attitudes - group and individual insights
- Development planning and peer coaching
- Understand how new developments in business, work and HR are changing the HRBP role
- Evaluate your current capabilities against industry best practice
- Work with a supportive peer group who share similar challenges
- Develop the confidence, mindset and strategic capability to be a proactive leader in your organisation
- HR is becoming more of a strategic partner to the business in order to deliver change and competitive advantage. This masterclass helps you move towards this goal
- Develop HRBPs who are commercial, business outcome-focused, and skilled in supporting, coaching and challenging business leaders
People & Organisational Change at Henley
All of our People & Organisational Change masterclasses:
- Focus on organisational context - we encourage you to consider and discuss your own challenges
- Integrate soft skills and practice with theory, helping you develop the confidence and credibility you need to get results back in the workplace
- Give you immediate practical takeaways such as an action plan aligned with your personal learning objectives
- Are designed and delivered by a programme director who is an experienced senior HR professional and who has undertaken research into the HR discipline
- Provide the opportunity to build a supportive peer network
Paul has over 25 years of international experience in leading consultancies. His client experience spans all market sectors, including clients such as Network Rail, DHL, Bank of England, HM Treasury, BAE Systems, Swiss Re and Siemens. Paul is a founder of the European Organisational Design Forum...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.