Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Administrators, assistant administrators, secretaries, personal assistants and any other person in an administration/coordinator role who want to be more efficient and effective in their work.
About the course
Any role where you support the efficient and effective running of an organization relies on you having a good set of administration skills and a great attitude.
This course has been designed to provide administrators, assistant administrators, personal assistants, secretaries and anyone else in an administrative support role a set of skills and an attitude so they and operate in an efficient manner.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Communicate more effectively and with confidence when carrying out their work
- Handle work more effectively and Effective Planning
- Deal with others effectively minimizing situations involving conflict and stress
- Adopt a professional manner when using the telephone
- Have more skills and tips that will enhance their productivity
The program is designed to give the participants enhanced learning through use of a variety of activities; individual and group exercises, question and answers opportunities, presentation to each style of participant learning.
The sessions will be interactive and optimize the experiential learning process. Each delegate will leave with a personal development plan on how they will use the learnings.
Module 1: Your Business Environment and Responsibilities at Work
- The organizations purpose and values
- Where your supporting role fits in
- Your attitude to work
- Your learning style
- Current skills, experience and knowledge
- Adaptability and its importance
- Why IMPACT is so important
Module 2: Organization and Planning Skills
- Managing your workload – priorities
- The 6 Questions
- Using your Time Effectively – time wasters, procrastination, having a good personal operating
- Great techniques for planning and organization
- Organizing meetings and events
- Role plays
Module 3: Communication and Presentation Skills
- Good listening and questioning skills
- Professional Telephone behavior
- Overcoming Communication Barriers
- Effective email and writing skills
- Assertiveness Skills
- Role plays
Module 4: Team Working
- Understanding Personalities
- Managing your relationships
- Handling difficult people
- Controlling stress
- Dealing with conflict
- Working within a team
- Emotional Intelligence
Module 5: Self-Development
- Positive approach to development
- Techniques to improve your skills – memory, competencies, organization
- Confidence and self-belief
- Appraisals and feedback
Your Personal Development Plan
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.