Who should attend
Audit and other professionals who need to understand how to deliver continuous and measurable benefits:
- Heads of Audit (CAE’s)
- Audit Managers
- Senior and Lead Auditors
- Quality Auditors
- Managers needing a broader understanding of opportunity identification
About the course
Why is Internal Audit often seen as negative and unhelpful, a function that points out errors and focusses on finding fault? Largely because it focusses on failure rather than success. Changing this mindset is the biggest challenge for the audit function.
This highly-interactive Oxford seminar will show you how to deliver measurable benefits to your business by focusing audit attention on areas of opportunity and added value and be seen as a success driver and a catalyst for positive change.
It will help identify the over-managed risks and unnecessary areas of control which are invariably overlooked by management and learn the skills and techniques to positively change the perception of the audit function.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Establish plans that focus on opportunity as well as managing risk
- Cover areas of the business not usually audited
- Measure business performance and identify cost-effective improvements
- Challenge over-managed activities and offer effective solutions
- Assist management to simplify processes and activities
- Sell the benefits of opportunity management
- Deliver measurable benefits to your business
- Use benchmarked case studies to demonstrate the benefits
- Gain a thorough Understanding of the Power of focusing Audit Attention on Areas of Business Opportunity
- Identify and Simplify Business Activities that are Inefficient or Over-Managed
- Understand the Power of Assessing the 3 E’s (Economy, Efficiency and Effectiveness)
- Examine and Challenge the Impact of your Belief System and Limiting Beliefs
- Discover how to identify overlapping or overtly Complex Activities
- Measure the specific Financial Benefits of Opportunity Audit
- Target your Resources to Areas of Biggest Benefit
- Learn the Techniques to Reduce Attention on the less significant Aspects of the Business
- Prepare a Focused Value for Money Strategic Plan
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.