Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Audit Managers and those about to be appointed to that role
- Lead Auditors
- Senior Auditors
- Assurance providers that need a greater understanding of Corporate Governance
- Managers needing a broader understanding of how to review Governance maturity
About the course
Corporate Governance is critical issue faced by all businesses (and not just those in the private sector). Regulatory bodies have significantly increased on all aspects of Governance and stakeholder assurance.
This comprehensive Oxford seminar will help you to audit the full spectrum of Governance including assessing the strategic management of this key activity by the Board and the Audit Committee.
It will help you evaluate the effective implementation of corporate governance across the business especially in the areas of transparency, disclosure and risk management.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Review the Audit Committee process (specifically relating to Code of Governance challenges)
- Assess the Strategic Approach and Guidance regarding Regulatory Compliance
- Determine the effectiveness of dealing with special interest groups and other external bodies
- Audit Reputation and Brand (the biggest risk?)
- Review Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Evaluate the Effectiveness of Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Review Major Systems under Development
- Determine the Effectiveness of Strategic Alternatives
- Gain a thorough Understanding of the Key Corporate Governance Principles
- Learn Leading Edge Techniques and Processes to Evaluate Governance Effectiveness
- Evaluate the Pulse of the Organization
- Review the Business Culture and the Strategic Objectives
- Assess the Effectiveness of the Overall Risk Management Process
- Review the Process to Set the Risk Appetite of the Business and it’s Effectiveness
- Complete a Sustainability and Environmental Awareness Audit
- Review the Effectiveness of IT Governance
- Assess the Key Controls over Technology Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.