Who should attend
This course is for anyone working in a technical support role.
About the course
Individuals who work in technical environments are now expected to also be customer service professionals. This course will demonstrate that great customer service can not only improve the level of support you provide for your internal and external customers but also improve your own working life.
This facilitated course will give you a greater understanding of the important role that excellent customer service plays in any organization and how excellent customer service fits into your world. It will offer really practical advice which will enable you to meet the daily challenge of consistently providing excellent customer service.
- Identify what good and bad customer service behavior looks like
- Quickly build rapport with all kinds of customers
- Take a positive approach to problems
- Build credibility as a trusted expert in your field
- Understand techniques such as matching, pacing and signaling to control calls
- Use effective questioning techniques to clarify customer requirements and expectations
- Portray a positive image of your department and your company
- Demonstrate the importance of taking responsibility to achieve customer satisfaction
- Identify your preferred behaviors when communicating
- Dandle challenging callers calmly and confidently
- Demonstrate how you will reassure customers that their needs will be satisfied.
## Course Outline
- Understand what constitutes excellent customer service and experiences.
- What makes excellent service face to face and over the telephone?
- Structuring a conversation with a customer.
- Understanding and using different levels of communication.
- Projecting a positive, take action attitude.
- How to use language and positive reframing.
- How to handle conflict or emotional upset.
- Practice in active listening.
- Practice in effective questioning techniques.
- Practice in recognizing Parent/Adult/Child dynamics on a call - Transactional Analysis.
- Matching language - advanced rapport building.
- Steps for dealing with challenging calls.
- When and how to say enough.
- Top telephone tips and techniques.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.