Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is designed for front line customers service agents, whether on the phone or face to face, who are new to the role or who would like to develop their skills further. They will acquire the skills, knowledge and behaviors which are vital to the provision of world-class service.
About the course
The customer revolution is here to stay. As product and services become more and more alike, the competitive edge has to come from the experience the customer has with your organization – it all comes down to PEOPLE. The overall goal is to minimize that experience, so the customer mot only returns time after time, but also encourage others to do the same.
The real magic in customer services delivery comes from the ability of your people to use their initiative to go beyond their normal job descriptions and to go the extra mile to impress the customer.
This challenging and highly participative course will equip your customer service people with all the necessary skills and motivation to provide world-class service.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of excellent customers service
- Define what customers care looks like
- Analyze those companies that do it and learn from them
- Describe the difference between internal and external customers
- Explain how questioning and listening are vital tools in the provision of customer service
- Describe how to turn complaints into opportunities
- List the customer service tools available and how and when to use them
- Develop techniques for handling stressful situation
- Implement personal motivation techniques to create excellent first impressions
Understanding customer behaviours
- The four positive intentions that drive customer behaviours.
When things get difficult
- What to do when you start out with positive intentions, but people react with challenging and difficult behaviours.
Effective communication equals effective customer service
- Great interpersonal communication skill and style is the key to effective communication in customer service
Shared goals and mutual respect
- Agree, build and connect.
Listening effectively to customers
- Learn how to listen with your ears, eyes and emotions.
- Seeking information via layering questions and responding with assertive responses.
Speaking assertively with customers
- In situations where we are dealing with unhappy customers and the wide range of emotions that come with them, we need to be both empathic and assertive.
Delivering bad news positively
- What to say when you cannot deliver what the customer wants.
Why we should welcome complaints
- Look at four good reasons for welcoming complaints.
Dealing with customers’ high emotions
- The hardest part about dealing with difficult customer behaviours is dealing with people’s emotions.
Responding to and resolving customer complaints
- The seven key steps to responding to customer complaints.
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.