Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Executive and personal secretaries, personal assistants, senior clerks, senior administrators and others with the potential to become office managers
About the course
For most organizations, the most valuable resource is executive performance. The PA takes responsibility for much of the organization and coordination of an office. It is a task which calls for excellent planning and organizing skills, the ability to solve problems, to be tactful, and discreet, and possess effective communication skills. A great PA makes an enormous contribution to executive effectiveness and requires numerous professional skills to be successful in this role
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Practice advanced administration and secretarial techniques.
- Acquire modern concepts and strategies related to the job, in order to carry out responsibilities with a high degree of skill.
- List the main causes of stress and the techniques needed to control them.
- Prepare a meeting agenda and take minutes accurately.
- Improve professional skills in communicating with the internal/external public in an effective manner.
- To define and develop the skills and attributes of a highly effective PA
- To enhance the overall productivity of the manager / team, and ensure the smooth running of the office
- To plan, organize, and manage time more effectively
- To communicate confidently and professionally with colleagues and customers
- To deal with the additional pressures of supporting more than one person
- To deal professionally with difficult and challenging situations in the workplace
- To enhance your professional business writing skills
- To consider the implications of organizing business travel for your manager and team
- To revise and refresh the guidelines for handling all telephone calls in a professional and helpful manner
Role of the Executive Assistant/PA
- Professional Behavior
- Required Qualities for Success
Key Skills of the Executive Assistant/PA
Interpersonal Communication with:
- Essentials of Business Writing
- Memos and Letters
- Preparing the Agenda
- Taking Minutes
Dealing with Visitors and Improving Customer Service
- Screening Techniques
- Firm but Friendly Approach
- The Internal and External Customers
- Handling Complaints
Roles & Responsibilities of a PA
Skills & Qualities Of An Effective PA
Making An Office Run As Smoothly As Possible
Managing the In-Tray And The Filing
- Why An In-Tray Is Essential
- How To Have An Organized In-Tray
- Tips For Effective Filing
Building Effective Relationships
- Understanding Different Behavioral Styles
- The Power Of Positive Thinking And Positive Words
Understanding Your Manager
Handling Stressful or Conflict Situations at Work
Planning and Organizing
Some Helpful Tools for Organizing Your Tasks
The 'Bring Forward' File
Analyzing Your Priorities
Creating a Daily To-Do List
Making Travel Arrangements
A Revision of Business Writing Etiquette
- Some Tips For Clear And Concise Writing
- Beginnings & Endings For Business Correspondence
Telephone Etiquette - The Basics
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.