Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
The course is designed for first line managers, newly appointed supervisors or existing supervisors or team leaders new to the role of supervision and those with no formal supervisory training. The course will also benefit anyone who has been in Supervisory position and needs an insight to current thinking.
About the course
In today’s changing workplace, many new supervisors are unsure of their roles and responsibilities. They have little experience dealing with the challenges of managing work through others. They haven’t had the opportunity to develop those critical skills of planning work, decision making, problem solving, delegation and meeting management, organizing teams, hiring new employees, training new employees, employee performance management, setting goals, observing and giving feedback, addressing performance issues, firing employees, leading their group, and communicating with their employees, their colleagues and their manager. Learning these skills can have a tremendous impact on an organization’s productivity. Delegates on will be equip to inspire employees, promote good work ethic and increased productivity.
- To set out clear guidelines for effective Supervisory Management
- To enable participants to effectively supervise their staff by understanding key principles of leadership and motivation
- To understand the principles of 'effective communication' and how to use communication skills to make sure things get done properly, and on time
- To enable delegates to understand the value of delegation and prioritizing so they can be more effective and efficient in their work
- To examine the principles of time management, effective planning and self-organization
- To give delegates greater self-awareness to enable them to improve their relationship with both those who manage them, and with their subordinates
- Defining Supervisory Management
- The Roles & Responsibilities of A Supervisor
- Difficulties Experienced By A Supervisor
- Competencies Needed In An Individual To Be An Effective Supervisor
- Definition Of Leadership & The Qualities Required To Lead People
- Different Leadership Roles
- Your Preferred Personal Leadership Style - An Assessment
- Leadership Styles - Which Is Appropriate?
- Understanding Motivation
- Planning & Goal Setting
- Steps To Effective Planning
- Guidelines For Setting SMART(ER) Goals
- Time Management
- Identifying Time Wasters
- Being An Effective Time Manager
- Choosing The Right Time To Do The Right Work
- Using The 'Prime Time' Principle
- Effective Delegation
- The Advantages & Disadvantages Of Delegation
- Reasons Why Supervisors Do Not Delegate
- When To Delegate
- To Whom To Delegate
- How To Delegate
- Using Delegation To Develop Your Team
- Why Do We Communicate?
- Barriers To Communication
- Communicating Effectively
- Body Language - Experience The Impact Of Non-Verbal Communication
- Being An Effective Listener
- Using Effective Questions - How To Ask Questions That Get The Answers You Really Need
- Corporate Communication
- Behavioural Styles
- Understanding Different Behavioural Styles
- Taking The Right Attitude
- The Benefits Of Being An Assertive Person
- Key Steps To Being Assertive
- Reviewing Performance
- Constructive Feedback
- Feedback Principles
- Performance Appraisals
- Taking It Forward
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.