About the course
Get the attention of your donors and prospective donors!
When marketing and fundraising work together effectively, donors receive consistent, compelling messages that build trust and understanding. This trust encourages deeper involvement and support for your cause, even during times of crisis. You will learn to use marketing as a strategic management tool for fundraising, including creating print, digital, and event-based strategies to meet specific goals, communicating messages to media outlets effectively, and measuring organizational needs and effectiveness.
- Introduction Activity
- Outline of course materials
Key Marketing Concepts
Learning Outcome – Describe how marketing is a strategic management tool for nonprofit organizations
- Marketing Management
- Marketing and Altruism
- Marketing Elements Marketing
- Planning Process
Market Research - Researching Constituent Needs and Interests Learning
Outcomes - Conduct a SWOT analysis of your organization; Select research strategies to gather needed information from donors
- Internal Analysis
- Environmental Analysis
- Constituent Analysis Donor
- Types of Research for Fundraising
Defining your Brand
Learning Outcome – Explain the difference between brand and reputation
- Understanding Brands
- Nonprofits and Brands
- Reputation Matters
Messaging the Case for Support
Learning Outcome – Create a theme for your case as an extension of your brand.
- Distilling the Case
- Theming the Case
Selecting the Right Medium to Communicate Your Case Tried and true case expressions: Ink on paper
- Learning Objectives: Describe the 4 elements that create impactful print pieces; develop an effective print-based strategy for your case.
- Selecting the Right Medium Effective Print
- Solicitations Developing a Print Based
Learning Outcome: Analyze your website for fundraising impact; Analyze which social media platforms might work best for your audience; Describe how Hootsuite can make your digital life easier
- Why Digital is Important
- Social Media/Email Digital
Setting Digital Strategy Goals
Learning Objective: Craft digital messages that result in increased volunteers, monthly giving and email address acquisition.
- What does Success look like?
- Moving from Permission to Success
- Designing Effective Calls to Action
Special Events as a Marketing Strategy
Learning Outcome: Develop clear objectives for special events to further your marketing objectives.
- Benefits of Special Events
- Building an Events Strategy
- Cost/Benefit Analysis
Telling your Story through Others
Learning Objective: Prepare yourself, your CEO and volunteers to be effective at media interviews.
Working with the Media
- Learning what reporters look for
- Rehearsing the message; Dressing the part
- During the interview
- Remembering Do’s and Don’ts
Media Interview Exercise
Communicating in a Crisis
Learning Objective: Develop a Crisis Communication Plan for your
- Evaluating a Crisis Situation
- Crisis Communication Plans
- Managing Crises
Managing the Marketing Process Internally
Learning Objectives: Describe the competing demands for marketing support within your organization; Identify marketing resources that may be able to help your organization.
- Organizational Life Cycle and Marketing
- Marketing on a Budget
Putting the Plan Together
Learning Objective: Identify the step in the planning process where your organization needs to invest attention; Set SMART objectives for your efforts.
- Marketing Plan Process
- SMART Objectives
Course Wrap Up and Reflections
- Evaluation of Expectations
- Completion of Course Evaluations
- Awarding of Certificates of Completion
### You’ll learn how to
- Develop dynamic marketing strategies to promote your organization.
- Create print, digital, and event-based marketing products to achieve marketing and fundraising goals.
- Implement effective media relations.
- Manage the marketing process internally, setting SMART goals for the program.
- Create a plan to measure marketing effectiveness.
What you’ll receive
- Digital, print, and special event best practices
- Practice working with media outlets
- Marketing plan outline
- Comprehensive, easy-to-understand study guide with background reading
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.