Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Managers involved in understanding, changing and expanding the scope of marketing communications within their B2C and B2B organizations
- Mid- and senior-level leaders who have strategic responsibility for communications or are preparing for such a role
- Executives from organizations in which communications play a key role in sales
About the course
Success in today’s marketplace requires the ability to think strategically about marketing communications. Integrating the fundamentals of strategic marketing communications, such as insight and positioning, with new approaches, like digital and consumer engagement, this program will teach you how to design a solid foundation for a more powerful marketing communications strategy.
Led by senior Kellogg faculty, you’ll learn to ask the right questions – from strategic planning to the tactical execution of your marketing communications plan – and practice developing a creative brief and digital engagement strategy. By addressing a wide variety of channels including broadcast, social media engagement, event sponsorship and more, the program provides frameworks and examples that are applicable to both B2C and B2B marketing communications.
- Learn how to create frameworks for asking and answering critical questions regarding marketing communications
- View communications more broadly than traditional broadcast messages, with discussion around the digital era and social media
- Participate in integrative learning with an emphasis on developing a perfect blend of theory and practice as well as strategy and tactics
Marketing Strategy and Communications
- Create frameworks for developing strong marketing plans and identifying key marketing decisions prior to executing a communications plan
- Understand the impact of insight in transforming simple observations into extraordinarily profitable campaigns
Assessing Marketing Communications
- Acquire tools to properly evaluate the success of a marketing campaign against planned objectives
- Enhance critical thinking skills by learning to ask the right questions
Understanding the Changing Landscape of Marketing Communications
- Learn how marketing is evolving and how your organization can adapt to the changes
- Engage in critical discussions around the use of new media forms and how digital has changed the game
Tim Calkins helps people build strong and profitable brands. He is Clinical Professor of Marketing at Northwestern Universityâ€™s Kellogg School of Management where he teaches courses including Marketing Strategy and Biomedical Marketing in the full-time, part-time and international executive MB...
Julie Hennessy is a Clinical Professor of Marketing at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. Professor Hennessy's MBA and Executive teaching focuses on the development of Marketing Strategies to enhance long-term competitive advantage and profitability. She works frequently...
Dr. Rucker joined the Kellogg marketing department in Fall of 2005. Currently, Dr. Rucker holds the Sandy & Morton Goldman Professorship of Entrepreneurial Studies in Marketing. His primary research focuses broadly on the topics of power, compensatory consumption, persuasion, and consumer beh...
Brett R. Gordon joined Kellogg in 2014 as an Associate Professor of Marketing. His research interests include pricing, advertising, promotions, retailing, innovation, and competitive strategy. Professor Gordon studies these topics by drawing on methods from empirical industrial organization, econ...
Loran Nordgren is an Associate Professor of Management and Organizations at the Kellogg School of Management. His research considers the basic psychological processes that guide how we think and act. The overarching goal of his work is to advance psychological theory and to use theory-driven insi...
Thomas F. O'Toole is Clinical Professor of Marketing and Senior Fellow at the Kellogg School of Management of Northwestern University. At Kellogg, he is engaged in advancing the development, practice and teaching of subjects including: the development and use of data analytics for business advanc...
Kevin Thomas McTigue is an Adjunct Lecturer of Marketing at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management teaching the core marketing management course to MBA students. When not in class, Kevin is a Group Strategy Director at Razorfish’s Chicago office where he works on numerous Fortune ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.