Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Managers who seek to increase their leadership skills; Managers at all levels who want to improve their interpersonal skills; Managers who want to motivate and build teams in the workforce; Managers who aim to increase the productivity of their subordinates.
About the course
The environment confronting business leaders today is unprecedented and volatile. The theories and models that guided decision making in the past no longer seem to provide leaders with all the answers. Increasingly, successful leaders rely on their own judgment to make decisions.
The Advanced Management Programme casts a spotlight on the process of judgment and demonstrates that exercising judgment is neither art nor science, but a craft that can be honed with practice, reflection, feedback and coaching. The Advanced Management Programme represents an unparalleled opportunity for senior leaders to gain insights into the key processes that define their judgment.
The Advanced Management Programme is a complete general management programme – meaning it helps senior leaders to address all aspects of leadership. The programme complements functional understanding with a holistic approach that helps you build judgment in your specific contexts. Our innovative methods offer you two unique opportunities – to reflect actively on the quality of your own judgment; and to use proprietary frameworks to define and implement an agenda to enhance performance – both yours and your organizations.
- Give senior managers, new tools for better management.
- Improve employees’ performance by increasing the skills of their managers.
- Show how it is possible to increase productivity by effective communication, team-building, delegation and motivation.
- Evaluating management styles
- Influence of style on motivation
- Motivational audits
- Adaptability & Effectiveness
- Interpreting corporate objectives
- Measures of performance
- Effective appraisals
- Monitoring & Follow-up
- Leadership skills building
- Models of leadership
- Adapting your own style of leadership
- How to instill vision and motivation in your team
- Selecting team members
- Role of the team leader
- Multi-disciplined teams
- Effective participation
- Project planning
- Project Management
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Assertiveness skills – understanding the various models
- Effective communication skills
- Effective listening and questioning techniques
- Building rapport and common ground in effective negotiations
- Introduction to Neuro Linguistic Programming (N.L.P.) & relationship building techniques
- Emotional Intelligence in management
- The influencing strategy
- Achieving a win-win situation in negotiation
- Negotiating strengths and weaknesses
- Maximizing good use of body language for positive influencing
- Personal presentation coaching
- Preventing crisis situations by improved planning & control
- Selecting & training appropriate crisis team member
- Developing & implementing a crisis management plan
- Auditing wastage costs caused by chaotic situations
- Importance of accurate health & safety reporting
- Factors which create pressures for organizational change
- Maintaining communication & motivation during change
- Formulating cost-effective change proposals
- Methodology for overcoming resistance to change
- Importance of HR involvement in navigating change
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.