Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Managers, supervisors, and team leaders who are responsible for building and maintaining effective teams in the workplace.
About the course
This practical program illustrates the strategies that are needed to attract, manage, develop and retain motivated, talented and loyal staff, determining what actions are needed immediately and what strategic actions need to be taken later.
The selection of key staff into any organization is a critical activity. We will examine the interview methods available and also look at the effective use of Psychometrics and Assessment and Development Centres.
Participants will also examine development and succession planning before considering the retention of talented individuals.
- Understanding your role as manager and leader
- Establishing clear objectives and standards of performance for your team
- Managing your workload using effective prioritization and delegation techniques
- Maximizing your influencing skills
- Building an effective team
- Developing and leveraging the capabilities of team members
Module 1: Understanding Your Role
- Leader or manager?
- Beyond the job description: finding out what your organization requires of you
- Balancing conflicting stakeholder demands
- Understanding the nature of change
- A model for implementing change
Module 2: Personal Effectiveness, Time Management and Delegation
- Understanding yourself and your organizational environment
- Outcome orientation
- Setting personal and team objectives
- Managing performance
- Finding and using time effectively
- A model for effective delegation
Module 3: Communication, Influence & Conflict Management
- Channels of communication
- Effective listening skills
- Emotions and rapport
- Persuasion and negotiation: the keys to personal influence
- Managing conflict assertively
Module 4: Team Building, People Management and Motivation
- How high-performing teams work?
- Identifying team roles
- Teams in practice: teambuilding exercise
- Motivation and reward
- Building and sharing a vision
- Different approaches to leadership
Module 5: Enhancing Team Performance through Coaching and Development
- How people learn?
- Coaching for personal and team growth
- Feedback skills
- Development planning
- Next steps
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.