Who should attend
This course is intended for all Office Administrators, Office Managers, Supervisors of clerical and administrative staff, Executive Secretaries and Personal Assistant.
About the course
This course is designed to increase the skills of Senior Support personnel across a range of disciplines. The course identifies and examines the key components of the role and within each element builds up a range of approaches and techniques for operating an efficient office or support team. These elements include interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management competencies.
As can be seen from the course outline below, the event is broken down by the day to broadly reflect the key components of the role. However, as you will discover when you attend the event, such skills and techniques will be required in a blended and integrated way as you meet the challenges of your workplace. Throughout the event, you will practice communication, organizational and planning skills on an ongoing and linked basis as you would within your normal working environment
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Identify the key components within the job role of the Office Manager/Executive Assistant/ PA
- Practice the techniques and skills demonstrated on the event
- Discuss experiences with fellow Delegates and learn possible techniques for advancement of such skills in Facilitator – led discussions
- Build an approach that suits their own individual style and workplace
THE OFFICE MANAGER/EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT ROLE: AN OVERVIEW
- Identifying common issues and challenges Setting Personal objectives
- What makes you indispensable?
- Proactive versus passive Support
SETTING AND MEETING OBJECTIVES
* Planning skills * Project management approaches for support staff * Managing time * Strategies for managing change * Identifying and dealing with Pressure Points * Implementing Action Plans
RESOURCE AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Allocating human resource to tasks and projects
- Monitoring performance – team and self
- Team Appraisals and Reviews
- Embedding a new team member effectively
- Managing team issues
- Coaching techniques
- Disciplinary issues
- Prioritization approaches and techniques
- Improving communications within an existing team
- Oral and listening skills
- Reporting to Management
- Negotiation skills and techniques
- Managing difficult people
- Comparison of telephone / face to face / written communications, their effectiveness and suitability for different situations
- Can you say “No”?
THE WORKING DAY
- Practicing a “typical day” simulated scenario incorporating issues and techniques from the week
- Identifying an approach and style that suits you as an individual
- Reporting to Management – presentation and negotiation techniques
- Personal Action Plan
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.